Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 13th, 2009 08:00

Data Safe Online ever work for anyone?

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, so please forgive me.  I have done a search of the forums and Dell in general, this seemed the best place to put this.

Has anyone ever gotten Dell Data Safe Online to work?  My hard drive is failed and while I wait for it to be replaced I thought I'd try to get some of my stuff back to be ready, but I've tried this like 10 times and it keeps failing.  I keep getting a "File Restore Failed" error message.  In my search of the forums I found other posts where people were having problems with this also, but they are old posts.

Thanks for any replies, I guess I get to contact Dell again, I sure don't want to have paid for something and it not work, I will be checking my computer invoice to see if this is so, the computer is only 3 months old.

Have a great day everyone,

Kendra

• 

17K Posts

April 14th, 2009 08:00

kaloesche,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Try these steps below to see if that will resolve the error.

In Windows® XP, create a folder and restore to that folder. In Windows Vista®, create a temporary folder, setting the folder permissions so everyone can access it and then restore the data into that folder.

37 Posts

April 15th, 2009 11:00

Thank you for replying, but this didn't help.  It fails at the webpage, it won't even prepare the files to download.  I think I  made Dell mad.  Do you possibly have any other suggestions?  My poor hard drive was a victim of the Epic Firmware failure, and I'm trying anything not to have to pay for data recovery.  Thank you.

Kendra

37 Posts

April 16th, 2009 05:00

Thanks for your help, this worked finally!

1 Message

April 16th, 2009 12:00

Hello,

What did you finally do to get Data Safe Online to work?  I am having the exact same problems that you are but I can't tell from your post what you did to get it to work.  My computer crashed yesterday, have restored everything but my files backed up online and am really frustrated because I can't get it to work!  Thanks much for your help.

Laryce

No Events found!