Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2011 16:00

DataSafe Local Backup-conflicting info and missing links to proper method

I have an XPS L701X laptop, running Windows 7 Premium.  Due to some major issues with the Laplink PCMover, I need to restore my system to the way it was when I received it 2 days ago, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, etc which were pre-loaded.  I have tried to research but a lot of the links to  the information are broken. Here is the question:

There are several methods listed in different places about how to accomplish this.

1. Startup windows, press F8 to advanced boot options, then select Repair Your Computer, login and click Dell Factory Image Recovery and DataSafe Options (mine says something slightly different, and ends up wanting to go to last Full Backup, which I'm not sure I have!)

2. Startup windows, press CTRL+F11 to get to same place as #1.

3. Open Dell DataSafe, select Restore and choose between Restore entire system, specific files/folders from Full System Backup or from File & Folder Backup

Is  one of these better than another?  Option 3 seems closest to what I want because if I select the first restore option (to a previous date) it says it will go back to 1-4-11 which is the date I received the laptop.

I have tried Dell support several times, and they tell me to Google it.   Needless to say, I'm frustrated, and I am NOT a pc guru so if I've left something important out, my apologies!!  I would appreciate ANY help, ASAP!!!

Thank you!!

No Responses!
No Events found!