Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2009 04:00

DataSafe

I have upgraded to the latest version of Dell DataSafe. I bought my Studio PC in April but have only just started to try and use the free DataSafe facility that came ready installed. When I try to operate the DataSafe function I get a message saying 'DataSafe Online has stopped working ...' and the programme stops. I've tried checking firewall settings - but I may not have done this properly. I'm running Windows Vista operating system. Any suggestions? Neil

4.6K Posts

November 23rd, 2009 11:00

Try downloading/reinstalling DataSafe   Neil?

From experience, I've found that:   “Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder”!!

5 Posts

December 17th, 2009 12:00

DataSafe worked until I upgraded to the latest version this December.  Now datasafe runs the gather information portion but crashes as soon as it begins the backup portion with a "datasafeonline has stopped working" message.  Running the install again to repair or iunnstalling and reinstalling have not helped.

Any Idea where I can get the previous version?

I added pictures of each error meessage here if they help anyone tryin got get support

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19310504/19675989.aspx#19675989

2 Posts

December 20th, 2009 16:00

Jon. I have had the exact same problem since i downloaded the Dec version. Have you managed to find a way to fix the issue? Thank you for your help.

3 Posts

December 21st, 2009 05:00

I have the paid version of datasafe online and it has not been working properly since the last update.

I have a dell inspiron desktop with vista.

Please advise as to how to get tech support for this. Thanks!

2 Posts

December 21st, 2009 07:00

I recently upgraded to the latest version also. Now I am getting Runtime errors saying the "Application has requested Runtime to terminate the program in an unusual manner". I have not completed a backup in three weeks. My e-mail to Dell support has gone unnoticed. Anyone have any suggestions? Pat12345

3 Posts

December 21st, 2009 11:00

I happened to have a software contract for my computer and called the number. The rep logged on to my computer remotely and went into my Control Panel - went into User Accounts - Turned User Account Control to OFF.

It backed up (apparently). I have it scheduled to automatically backup every morning so time will tell if that did the trick. I don't share my computer with anyone so it was no big deal for me to leave the User Account Control off as otherwise, I was told I would have to physically turn it on and off every day when I want to back up my files.

Hope that helps someone.

No Events found!