Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

SW

May 1st, 2017 03:00

Dell Data Protection - Uninstall Problem

I am using Windows 7 Professional on a Precision T3610 desktop machine.

Some time ago I spent time trying to uninstall the Dell Data Protection software which came with the computer.  However not all has been removed, I think I uninstalled in the wrong order and some still remain.

The program is no longer available, however, starting my computer is now a pain, first up comes a box saying Dell Data Protection/Security Tools.. Please Wait.  

Then after about 3-5 minutes a box comes up and says: “The Biometric Functionality Is Not Working” and two options are given: “Log On Without Biometric Functionality” or “Wait 30 Seconds and Prompt again.  I choose The “Without Biometric” option and then the normal Windows & start up proceeds.
I really need to uninstall this it is driving me crazy.

Dell Data Protection is listed in add/remove programs list however it is never successful, when I try and uninstall after a few minutes a box comes up saying “Error 1721. There is a problem with the Windows Installer Package. A program required for this install could not be run. Contact you support etc”

It then rolls back the uninstall. I have tried various uninstall programs all with the same result.

Some folders remain in C:/ ProgramData/Dell. These are:  CommndUpdate. Dell DataProtection. Digital Delivery and Drivers. There are eight files in the Dell Data Protection folder.

I see now there are five sections to this software, but not sure what is the best way forward.

Any help would be gratly appreciated.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

May 3rd, 2017 07:00

Hi Stewart Webb,

Thanks for posting.

Here is some information you may find helpful:  http://dell.to/2pwx86B

No Events found!