Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 26th, 2009 07:00

Dell Data Safe Error Code MS_2

My backup is 99% complete, but does not finish due the this error code:  MS_2.

Dell's Data Safe Help, has no answers for error codes.

Where do I get help?

Windysity

67 Posts

July 26th, 2009 08:00

Is that the whole message?

Do you see: "cannot find file specified". also perhaps?

OK, as im researching here I am finding some very useful information to help solve your problem.

So far I have found some one else having the same problem but they haven't received an anywhere either.

Also I have found this link stating: "However customers were not able to burn the image or access the partition to make a real backup, therefore a hard drive failure still had the same negative impact."

Furthermore: Dell then re-launched this feature as a service and added a real backup functionality including remote storage. Renamed as “Dell DataSafe Online” the feature was offered as a preinstalled software and web service for selected systems (XPS and Vostro) offering from 3 GB (for Vostro) up to 10 GB (for XPS) online storage at no additional cost for a 12 months period.

I think this imply kind of a potential solution to your problem, or in other words the software is not capable of backing up certain things.

but there is more information there to help you accomplish your needs.

67 Posts

July 27th, 2009 15:00

Dell datasafe is unable to handle certain files, in my previous post there is a solution "Dell datasafe Online" is their new service and offers a True backup solution, I recomend you have a look at it and see it you think its right for you.

From a curious point of view are you able to see what file type did not compute with dell and I do recommend you google online backup to find relevent information on potentialy usefull.... information.

This is all I can come up with as I do not work for dell, maybe some one else here will come through and bring a complete solution, if one exists.

3 Posts

July 27th, 2009 15:00

Thanks.  That was not the whole message.

"Error Code: MS_2     This system cannot find file specifie"                                                     Their was no specified file

My System is a Dell Studio 64 bit, XPS 435t - 9000...with a Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit operating system.

3 Posts

July 28th, 2009 15:00

Thank you. You helped me.

No Events found!