WSC33
Silver

Dell Data Vault Data Collection Service Running amok

I just upgraded my Win10 X51 to the new creator version and now Dell Data Vault Data Collection Service has been running at 25+% for several hours.  How do I make this service stop overconsuming processor time?

Thanks.

Alienware X51 R3, Intel® Core™ i7-6700 (8MB Cache, up to 4.0GHz with Turbo Boost Technology) Includes Hyper-Threading.  Memory: 16GB (2x8GB) 2133MHz DDR4 Non-ECC

32 Replies

RE: Dell Data Vault Data Collection Service Running amok

Thank you for your message.

What is the version of Dell Data vault installed on your computer?

If you do not wish to use this application, you can disable the startup & services.

Just uninstalling the application may not help as the Dell update service may reinstall the software again.

Right click on the time – click on task manager- click on startup tab – highlight the application you want to disable from startup & click on disable.

Dell-Sreejith Ramesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos
Drivers and Downloads
Driver order

0 Kudos
JerryOlsson
Copper

I have the same problem with Dell Data Vault Data Collector Service consuming roughly 70% of my CPU all the time.

I don't have Dell Data Vault under Autostart in Taskmanager. Where do I disable it?

Hi Jerry, 

Can you Private Message me your Service Tag (do not post it in the thread), I would like to look into this. If it's easier you can just let me know what model system and OS in the thread Vs the PM and I will see what I can find for you. 

Best regards,

Brad

0 Kudos

Hi Brad - I'm having the same problem. Just restarted my computer to install the new Windows version and now Dell Data Vault Collector is consuming 60-80% of my CPU capacity.

System Model: XPS 13 9360

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2901 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.15063 Build 15063

System Type: x64-based PC

I can't tell which version of Dell Data Vault Collector I am running because it doesn't show up in my list of programs, but I run Dell Updater v. 1.9 and according to its latest scan on 9 August 2017, I am up to date on all Dell software. However, Dell Help and Support fails to initiate, so I can't report my problem with Data Vault Collector from my computer itself.

Please let me know what fix we should take to address this urgent problem.

Confirming that I'm having the same problem. Post installing the new windows version (Creator Edition), Dell Data Vault Collector was consuming all spare CPU capacity, causing the system to slow.

System model: XPS 13 9343

Processor: i5-5200U

OS Name: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1703

OS build: 15063.502

System type: x64

Dell Data Vault does not show up in my list of installed programs, nor in the Startup area of task manager.

0 Kudos
kfcjollibee
Copper

I'm also having this problem after the update

Alienware 13 R2

Windows 10 Home

ver. 1703

build 15063.502

64-bit

0 Kudos
ctlavender
Copper

I am having this issue as well after Windows update...

XPS15, Windows 10

0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies on the thread, can you go ahead and Private Message me your Service Tags as well? I am still looking into this.

Best regards,

Brad

0 Kudos

I am also having this issue after windows update. Dell Data Vault Data Collector Service consume 70% of my cpu. Any solution for this?

Dell Latitude

Processor : intel i7-7600U

0 Kudos