Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 15th, 2010 15:00

Dell DataSafe Online 1.2.0009 update

How do I get rid of this message:

"An update is available for Dell DataSafe Online.  Would you like to upgrade from version 1.1.0029 to version 1.2.0009?"

I answer "Yes" or "No" and it keeps coming back.  How do I make it stop?

Bob Peticolas (bobpeti)

59 Posts

January 15th, 2010 15:00

had the same problem, i had to uninstall, then re-install the new version. All i had to do ws re-enter my username and password on the new version.

3 Posts

March 1st, 2010 19:00

having the same problem.  uninstalling the old and reinstalling the new version sounds simple enough.  i'm just afraid that i might have to go through the entire upload procedure again, or even worse, have to spend another eternity contacting tech support!  the datasafe online folks should be able to come up with an easier fix for something like this, doncha think?

1 Message

March 10th, 2010 15:00

I had the same problem. I hope Dell institutes a fix before too many other people are affected.

1 Message

March 19th, 2010 18:00

I am new to home computing and new to Dell and I would also like to know how to get rid of this incredibly annoying message, any new out there from those more knowledgable than me?

3 Posts

March 19th, 2010 19:00

Datasafe Online doesn't seem to want to do a thing about it.  I'm still getting the "incredibly annoying message", as you so accurately put it, although perhaps a little less frequently.  I just answer "no" and keep on computing.  Maybe some day they'll come up with a fix. 

One person on the this thread said he uninstalled the old version and then downloaded and installed the new version, but with my luck I'd loose all my back up which took multiple days to upload, and I definitely don't want to go through that laborious upload procedure again.  So for now I'm still being pestered.  Let me know if you find an answer or figure out how to speak to a real person at tech support.

No Events found!