Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 23rd, 2010 07:00

Dell DataSafe Online help

Ok I wanted to see if i could back my computer up using Dell's DataSafe online so i started the program on my XPS M1530 and I got this message

"Invalid package ID

Make sure your connected to the internet and try again."

I clicked on the help link provided and it brought my browser up and I got this message

"The site's security certificate is not trusted!

You attempted to reach www.delldatasafe.com, but the server presented a certificate issued by an entity that is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may mean that the server has generated its own security credentials, which Google Chrome cannot rely on for identity information, or an attacker may be trying to intercept your communications. You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site."

Um I know what the message means but i just don't know what to do haha, and for some reason at this time the live chat is closed so I can talk to anyone.

So does anyone know what to do?

881 Posts

April 23rd, 2010 17:00

I got pretty much the same message the first time I tried DataSafe with IE8. I decided to try it anyway. It worked fine and I haven't seen the message since. I don't know the explanation for this but everything has been fine for me.

Jeff

No Events found!