Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2010 19:00

Dell DataSafe Online updated very frequently???

Is anyone else getting messages for Dell DataSafe upgrades like every couple of days??

I've never seen software updated so frequently, and it seems way odd...

97 Posts

February 19th, 2010 09:00

Datasafe does not upgrade very often, no. I believe the last update I received was in November. Is the update perhaps failing?

13 Posts

February 19th, 2010 10:00

great question.  

I am at 1.1.0029 ... I get the idea the update is failing.

I run "Check for update Now" and it downloads 1.2.nn, but afterward nothing happens.  Plus, I'm running as a user, not Admin, but with Admin rights on Win7-64.  It never asks me about switching to admin mode for an install or anything... its just quiet.

I'm gonna reboot - and try as admin if needed. 

Dave

1 Message

February 21st, 2010 09:00

Every time I turn my computer on (Studio XPS 16 running Windows 7) I get the following message:

An update is available for Dell Datasafe online.  Would you like to upgrade from version 1.1.0029 to version 1.2.0009?

Even if I say yes, I still get the same message the next time I turn the PC on.  Can anyone explain why this is happening?  Thanks.

7 Posts

February 25th, 2010 04:00

Same thing here, with same old version number.

Inspiron 1564, running Windows 7 64-bit, delivered this Tuesday (22nd February).

Wondering if linked to lack of Activate button on Dell DataSafe Online  log-in screen. Believe 1-year free subscription package that came with purchase must be activated before auto backups can take place.

Grateful if anyone can explain update issue/activation procedure.

7 Posts

March 2nd, 2010 03:00

After my last post (25th Feb), found DataSafeDotNet.exe in C:\Users\[my user name]\AppData\Roaming. Ran it, and DataSafe program was updated. No more update alerts since.

Note, running Windows 7 Home Edition.

So, appears update did download but no automatic install.

Still unable to connect to DataSafe server though. Nor have I received a response to my help request via Dell's European support site.

Regards.

1 Message

March 12th, 2010 16:00

Thanks, I have been having the same problem and it was driving me nuts!  I found that file and then it went through a process where it appears that the update is now installed.  I hope that takes care of it!

Carol

March 13th, 2010 09:00

Dell Solution Network: Knowledge Base Article
Auto Update Not Working in DataSafe Local After Windows 7 Upgrade:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?c=us&cs=19&dl=false&l=en&s=dhs&docid=79985CD7008EF525E040AE0AB8E17E99&doclang=en

Table of Contents
 Summary: Auto Update Not Working in DataSafe Local After Windows 7 Upgrade
 Download and Run CleanViFSB.exe
» Summary: Auto Update Not Working in DataSafe Local After Windows 7 Upgrade

Article Summary: During the Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system upgrade, all registry keys are lost in Run Once. Consequently, Dell™ DataSafe update will not automatically run.

» Download and Run CleanViFSB.exe

An executable file called CleanViFSB.exe has been created to correct this issue automatically. It is available on support.dell.com at http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?&releaseid=R249580&formatcnt=1&libid=0&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=364553. Click this link, then click Download, and follow the instructions provided.

No Events found!