Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2012 10:00

Dell DataSafe Premium

If I purchase the premium version of Dell's DataSafe Local Backup, will it not only backup the factory settings and drivers for me, but also any apps that I may have installed since I received the machine? Thanks for any info provided.

Bill

750 Posts

June 18th, 2012 15:00

Hi Bill,

Welcome to Dell Community.

I understand your concern with regards to the question that you have.

Difference between DataSafe Local Backup Basic & Premium versions is as follows:

Dell DataSafe Local Backup Basic is shipped free on every Dell consumer computer and provides the capability to recover all of the software originally shipped on your computer. Basic recovery includes the following features:

1) Factory Recovery with Emergency File and Folder Backup

2) Recovery Disc Creation

Dell DataSafe Local Backup Premium provides additional backup capabilities integrated directly with the factory recovery and is available to any user of Dell Consumer computers for a small upgrade fee. Upgrade features include:

1) System Backups

2) File and Folder Backup under Windows

3) Backup profiles

4) Scheduled Backups

So the DataSafe Local Backup Premium version would back up the applications that one installs.

Please read the following document for detailed information, http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?&docid=117425#Issue20

If you have any further questions feel free to reply.

No Events found!