Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 27th, 2010 21:00

Dell Media Direct won't play my Blu-Ray discs anymore. - Help!

Hello,

About 2 years ago I purchased a Dell Studio 1737. Included with this laptop was Blu-Ray compatibility. I used Media Direct to play these Blu-Ray discs and it worked perfectly fine for a while. I hadn't attempted to use my laptop Blu-Ray player for the past year or so because we invested in a Sony Blu-Ray disc player for our TV. I recently went to play a Blu-Ray disc on my laptop however, and Media Direct wont even load properly (I get the initial screen that says "Dell Media Direct" with a logo, however, it appears to freeze after that and wont load a help menu or even close when I click the close button, I have to go into the task manager to shut it down.). Is there a patch or something that I can download to fix this issue or is it a larger issue than I am expecting it to be?

Media Direct is as it came with the laptop as far as I know, I think it downloaded a single update upon playing my first Blu-Ray disc, but I can't recall exactly what it was.

Thank You,

Brian Hall

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

November 28th, 2010 06:00

Doing a google search about media direct, it looks like you will have to do a complete reinstall to get the media direct reloaded.  I assume you have Vista so F8 at power on will access the Dell PC Restore partition on the hard drive and allow you to restore the PC to the original factory condition. 

PC Restore Instructions

An option would be to get a Blue Ray player PC program.  Windows Media Player 12 MAY play Blu Ray - you can give it a try as it's a free download from Microsoft which will update the current version you have (probably WMP V11).

No Events found!