Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2008 19:00

Dell Support Center Error: Content not available

I got a studio 15 laptop with Vista Home Premium, and the first time I used it, I did not go thru the setup (preferences, acceptance of policies...) of Dell Support Center (with the "wrench" icon), and the next day when I did want to go thru setting it up, I got the message: "Error. Content for the page is not yet available. Please close this program and check again later." It has been a few days now and everytime I open it (it starts with Windows), I get the same error message. I realized something's not right when I created another user and the Dell Support Center that loads with it seems to be fine. Can I uninstall (using Dell Software Uninstall Utility or Vista's Uninstall Utility?) the Dell Support Center with this error or do I have to 'fix' it first so I won't have to worry on additional software problems? If in case I wanna continue using Dell Support Center, how do I fix this error?

Also, I noticed that everytime I log off/ shut down my system, I see an error message right before the system shuts down, it's very quick and it doesn't give me time to read the whole error message so I cannot post it completely here, but it's something about .NET framework, unhandled exception... Does this have something to do with Dell Support Center's error? How do I fix this? Or is there anyway I can 'see' this error message again so maybe I can post it here?

Please help!

78 Posts

December 21st, 2008 04:00

hi larry i tried doing the pm thing and clicked on send message but nothing happened seemed to want to start a chat.  however i don't know how to get this registry value, could you advise please?  iwent to control panel and typed it in but found nothing.

78 Posts

December 26th, 2008 00:00

hi went to regedit, hotkey_current_users and the rest down to users\username then nothing said profile only choice of dna agent, jobcache, logcache, message, runningjobs, sync. 

please advise next step.

5 Posts

January 30th, 2009 19:00

Hi Larry - Just sent you another message about your recommendation and needing to know the profile value in the registry for HKCU Software for the DSC. I haven't got a supportsoft folder under HKCU Software. What should I do? Mitch

P.S. My service tag is 7H306F1, running an XPS 420 under Vista Ultimate

10 Posts

February 1st, 2009 03:00

Hi Larry! I just wanna say thanks again for the help. To report: I have not seen the error message again after uninstalling Dell Dock, so I just kept it that way.

64 Posts

August 26th, 2009 15:00

I have had the same error and NOTHING wil enable the support software to run.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled any number of times and get the same error message that the content of the page is not available.  I even tried creating a new user and that didn't help either.  What is causing this?  When I first got my computer, the support software worked but there was un update to it and somewhere along the line it stopped working after I installed the update.  Any help would  be appreciated. I'm about ready to reinstall the whole os, but hate to do that for just one appication.

1 Message

December 28th, 2009 06:00

Read your posts: I have a Dell XPS M1730 Windows Vista-SP2 paltform w/Roxio DE v10.2 (sans Dell Dock software).  I am still encountering the following Dell Support Center error message: "Content for the page is not yet available. Please clsoe this program and check again later." Please advise.  Can we schedule a remote session?

No Events found!