Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 10th, 2020 15:00

Dell Update Application broken

I recently updated the Dell Update Application on my Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop PC, and now when I run it and click on CHECK it hangs with the Warning: An operation is currently in progress. Please wait until it completes.
The progress bar is stuck on "Operation is 40% completed..." I've tried restarting my computer several times, but
it still does this. Is there some way to repair or remove/reinstall this application to fix it ?

11 Posts

August 10th, 2020 16:00

Well, I seem to have fixed the problem. I opened the Control Panel, selected Programs > Uninstall a program, selected Dell Update for Windows 10, selected Repair, and now it works fine. The Installed On date is now 08/10/20 (today). Interestingly, the Version number is shown as 3.0.0 in the Installed Programs list, whereas it is shown as 3.1.3 in the application.

1 Message

August 14th, 2020 16:00

I had the same problem.  I have Windows 10.  I went to the Control Panel and uninstalled Dell Updated for Windows 10.  I then went to the Dell website and downloaded Dell Update for Windows 10 here:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Then I installed the program and now Dell Update is no longer stuck and works fine.

• 

25K Posts

August 10th, 2020 15:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

11 Posts

August 13th, 2020 14:00

@SParra82  - I don't think repairing Dell Update will fix Dell Repair Tool, which is a separate application. Do you see Dell Repair Tool in the program list when you open the Control Panel and select Uninstall a Program ? If so, I would suggest selecting Dell Repair Tool and then selecting Repair. 

2 Posts

August 13th, 2020 14:00

@DELL-Cares Hello! I am experiencing the same issues with my Dell Repair tool, its hung up on 10% of some operation. Even after I repaired the Dell Windows 10 Update, restarted, and tried again its giving the same error. 

2 Posts

August 13th, 2020 15:00

@Texas Mike I actually do not have the Dell Repair Tool in my list.

1 Message

August 13th, 2020 15:00

I have the same issue as SParra82. Stuck at 10%. Tried rebooting, repairing, reinstalling, no dice. Whenever I load it, I get 10% progress with the warning. (DU 3.1.3).

5 Posts

August 13th, 2020 18:00

@Texas Mike Didn't work for me.

5 Posts

@Texas Mike  It is not clear what u are saying, Please elaborate!!!

11 Posts

@abhi__4  - There is an application named Dell Update for Windows 10 that is used to update hardware drivers and the BIOS on a Dell PC. This program updated itself incorrectly, and then would not run properly. This program appears in the program list that is revealed when you open the Windows Control Panel application and then select Programs > Uninstall a program. You can select this program in the list and then choose the Repair option at the top of the list. In my case this fixed the problem and the application now runs normally. This solution only works if the application in question appears in the program list.

5 Posts

@DELL-Cares  I am also facing the same issue it is stuck at 10%. Please provide us solution.

5 Posts

August 13th, 2020 19:00

@Texas Mike  No and my warranty is expired, so the dell is not helping me out. what should I do now?

11 Posts

@abhi__4  - Well, you can continue to post on this forum, and another member might have a solution that works for you. I'm not sure if you can uninstall this application and then download a fresh version from the Dell website. They do offer the option to download updates manually from the website, so you can still update your computer, even if it doesn't have Dell Update installed on it. I don't think you need an active warranty to do this.

11 Posts

@abhi__4  - Are you having problems with Dell Update or some other application ?

5 Posts

@Texas Mike  Dell update. Actually, whenever I open the software and click on check for update, It shows a warning - "An operation is currently in progress. Please wait until it completes" but the progress bar is stuck at 10%.

No Events found!