Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2010 00:00

Digital persona finger print software not working with windows 7.

I have upgraded my system vista to Windows 7 but Digital persona finger print software not working with windows 7.

what is solution?

12 Posts

January 31st, 2010 11:00

I am having the exact same problem. I have a Dell Studio 1535 running Windows 7.

Ive installed the Authentec Drivers (version 2.0.0.18). Windows sees the fingerprint reader just fine. However, when I installed the DigitalPersona software from the original disk that came with the laptop, it warns of compatibility problems, and in fact does not see the fingerprint reader.

Any idea on where to download an update?

2 Posts

January 31st, 2010 21:00

hi

go to the below link and download the driver

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R195296&SystemID=studio1435&servicetag=7YNM3BS&os=WLH&osl=en&deviceid=16694&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=50&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=50&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=269956

4.6K Posts

February 1st, 2010 08:00

I have upgraded my system...

What specific model/type "system" is it?

Have you checked the 'Drivers & Downloads' page for your system, to see if there are Windows 7 drivers available?

If not, try the respective Vista drivers - i.e. 32bit/64bit?

12 Posts

February 2nd, 2010 09:00

OK, it is working now...but not as intended. :)

I did install the drivers listed above, but that doesnt provide full functionality. Dell bundled some software called DigitalPersona with the laptop when they shipped it with Vista. DigitalPersona manages passwords for websites using the fingerprint reader. You load a website with a login, swipe your finger, and youre in.

Right now, I can log into windows with a finger swipe, but the version of digital persona they included on CD does not work with these Win7 drivers. It cant detect the reader. Thats what Im trying to get to work. I even puchased the upgrade to digital persona...so if I cant find a solution here, I'll be calling them. But Im sure they will say "call dell".

12 Posts

February 6th, 2010 10:00

Id still like to see if someone has an answer out there. This is NOT a drivers issue. I have the correct drivers, but Im looking for either a way to get the Digital Persona software to work that came from Dell, or some other suggestions for other software. I sent a support request to DigitalPersona but they didnt reply (been 5 days).

The problem is I need a password manager, not drivers.

1 Message

March 19th, 2010 00:00

If you have the correct drivers then I would check Device Manager to make sure it is using it.

I had the same problem as you but found the driver I needed here:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/02/20/authentec-fingerprint-sensor-driver-32-bit-and-64-bit-for-windows-7/

Once I downloaded it and installed it, it still didn't work until I went to the Device Manager and made sure it was looking in the right place. Then I went back to the Control Panel -> Biometric Devices. From there it told me that I wasn't enrolled & needed to use a Fingerprint Manager application. I was trying to figure out what to do or where to get one when I noticed that one was running and waiting for me to enroll my fingerprints. I suppose the driver is the only thing that you need.

Voilá!

Now I'm all set up and my device works as it should.

No Events found!