Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

NA

June 4th, 2010 21:00

DigitalPersona - Biometric Authentication Service can't Start.

Hi All,

I have a problem with my DigitalPersona Personal 4.01 (4.02.3769 updated), when I restart my Notebook (Dell Vostro 3400, OS Windows 7 Pro 32bit), suddenly I can't login using my fingerprint :(

After I login manually (typing my password), and access my desktop, I see that DigitalPerson icon is have cross red mark.

I open the DigitalPerson main menu, It showed Getting Started ? (Which I already set in my previous login).

When I reinstall this software, the installation stop in the startup service (Biometric Authentication service).

So, I manually start this service from Services, but giving me an error

"Windows could not start the Biometric Authentication Service on Local Computer.

For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code-2147024882."

So, I look inside my Event Viewer, I see few errors:

In Windows Logs>System : "The Biometric Authentication Service service terminated with service-specific error %%-2147024882."

In Application and Services Logs>DigitalPersona Pro : "DPHost cannot start. Error: 0x8007000e"

I have troubleshoot and look around in the Google, that give me a solution to clean my registry, but still not working with me.

Can anyone help me to troubleshoot this issue ? thanks.

• 

17K Posts

June 10th, 2010 06:00

nico arianto,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Did you first uninstall the program before trying to reinstall it back into the system?

June 10th, 2010 10:00

Hi Jesse L,

Yes, before I reinstall the DigitalPersona, I remove first and restart my notebook to clean installation, because the service still there before you restart the OS.

Please follow up this issue, thanks.

1 Message

July 5th, 2019 20:00

did you get a chance to resolve it? if so, please share your feedback. thanks

No Events found!