Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2016 13:00

Disabling Dell Backup and Recovery notifications

When my laptop upgraded to Windows 10, I found myself deluged many times a day with nagging notifications from Dell that I needed to "Learn more about Dell Backup and Recovery Premium" (which costs money). A second notification nags me constantly about updating my "recovery media." How do I disable these notifications? I click the "Do nothing" button, but of course this doesn't disable the pop up, which will reappear within a few minutes.

By the way, I have no external hard drives or thumb drives to update, and I have no intention of going out and buying a drive just to turn off the second Dell notification. There must be an easier way.

• 

16.7K Posts

August 29th, 2016 10:00

Climbingthewalls,

You can uninstall the program in Windows Programs  and Feature if you  do not use it or interested in using it. To disable you will need to go into the system configuration properties and search for,  SftSerices(Soft Think Agent Service SAS) . To get the this section you would Right Click on the Start Button and choose the RUN option. Type MSCONFIG in the box and hit enter. You can then click the Services Tab, search for  SftSerices(Soft Think Agent Service SAS) instances and remove the checkmarks. Do the same under the Startup Tab to see if there may be some instances under it as well.  Press Apply or OK  and you may need to restart.

No Events found!