Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2013 05:00

Facial Recognition Software for 1340 XPS

hello

i would like to ask how to get the Facial Recognition Software for my laptop dell studio xps 1340

i freshly installed windows 7 64bit on it and in the support site the available Facial Recognition Software is just an update and it require the main software
to be installed

i checked a lot of forums and it all lead to nothing for me some people suggest to visit this page

https://smartsource.dell.com/Web/UserForms/RegisterSystem.aspx

but when i visit it and login and accept to scan my computer it tell me Service Tag is already registered or is invalid.

yes its registered under my account so how come I can’t reach its downloads and it refuse to take me to the download page

how can i fix that to get the programs was originally installed on my computer such as Roxio and facial recognition and others

please advice

Nader Elzaiany

2.6K Posts

April 4th, 2013 20:00

Hello Nadooo1311,

There are few steps that can be tried: 

Ensure you have entered Service tag correctly. Ex: Entering 0 instead of O and B instead of 8.

This link for My dell downloads would only work on Internet Explorer. If you are using IE, try resetting the browser:

• Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
  • Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
  • Click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
  • Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
  • In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  • When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
  • Close Internet Explorer.

Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer. Please try the steps and check if that works. 

Kindly write back if you have any further queries.  

13 Posts

April 10th, 2013 03:00

I'm sorry for not answer for long time but simply your first answer made me feel like i'm some one who has computer and dont know any thing in the computer basics and i felt like no help will come from your side

first of all yes i use Firefox but simply i was able to notice this page

https://smartsource.dell.com/web/UserForms/RegisterSystem.aspx

doesn't go on with Firefox and it need internet explorer

second using the service tag its only in the support page not in the previous page i wrote

and simply even i wrote it wrong i can make the page detect it and my service tag is ???????

any way i wish to download the default software of my laptop, i already have the drivers but for software and utilities i cant as the page say  (Service Tag is already registered or is invalid.)

now you already have my service tag which wrote on the back of my laptop and detected by the driver download page

so if you can help me get the other software I'll be thankful

best regrades

Nader Elzaiany

2.6K Posts

April 10th, 2013 03:00

Hi Nadooo1311,  

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please write back. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

2.6K Posts

April 12th, 2013 00:00

Hello Nader Elzaiany,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. In order to assist you further, I’d request you to private message the following details listed below. 

• Name (First, Last)
  • E-mail address
  • Phone Number
  • Portal Password
  • Country
  • Language
  • System type
  • Operating System
  • Browser Used & Version

To private message, click on my user name and click start conversation. I would also request you to edit your previous post and remove the system service tag for security reasons. To edit the post, click the green pen and edit the post. 

Please write back with the details, I'd be glad to assist further.

13 Posts

April 12th, 2013 06:00

sorry sir but do you think its normal to ask all this questions to allow me to get my laptop software?

even my bank don't ask all this when i contact them

plus how you expect me to give you my password for my login to the forum here?

that's totally not accepted

you consider the service tag is security thing shouldn't be shared and now ask me to give you my password

where is the logic in that

13 Posts

April 15th, 2013 01:00

its 3 days since i sent you the information you asked for in privet message

2.6K Posts

April 15th, 2013 23:00

Hello Nader Elzaiany,

I really apologize for the delay in response! I have also received your private message and I would be replying to it.

13 Posts

April 16th, 2013 01:00

i already did and you will find the result in your inbox

thanks once again for your try to help

2.6K Posts

Hi Nader Elzaiany,

Thank you for replying.

I have also replied to your private message. Please try the step and write back with results.

13 Posts

thank you for your responding and for your politeness

2.6K Posts

April 16th, 2013 19:00

Hi Nader Elzaiany,

I really appreciate your effort and co-operation in troubleshooting this issue. I have received an update from the product research group and have private messaged you the same.

2.6K Posts

April 19th, 2013 02:00

Hi,

This customer conversation was taken offline for privacy reasons and the issue was resolved. If you continue to experience issues after attempting these steps, please start a new thread.

13 Posts

April 19th, 2013 04:00

thank you Allan  for all your help and support

and thanks for all the technical team too

best regrades

2.6K Posts

April 19th, 2013 23:00

Hi Nader Elzaiany,

Glad we could help by fixing your issue. In case of a similar situation in future, you can always refer to the link http://dell.to/YegVvF. Please feel free to reach out to us for any further help. 

No Events found!