Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

July 6th, 2018 08:00

Feedback method for Dell Command update

Hi, we use Dell Command Update (DCU) extensively and find the tool to be very good. That being said we have seen one driver for very recent models causing high CPU utilisation and not getting updated by the tool.

A manual  download of the driver from the manufacturers website cures the issue.Is there some way we can feed this back to Dell so they can make it available via DCU?

Thanks, Rob.

• 

17K Posts

July 6th, 2018 09:00

rob_watt,

Unfortunately, there is no feedback portal or site for providing feedback. We used to have a forum just for these purposes called "Ideastorm". I will send your feedback/request to our engineering team for review. Thank you for your feedback.

March 4th, 2020 12:00

Is there any chance you could send me information on how to submit some feedback as well? 

With the latest update to Command Update our standard domain users are being prompted to install updates when they don't have the rights to do so.  We had the same issue for some time when Support Assist was the way to go, and we stopped using it for that reason.

So I'd like to suggest that prompts be suppressed if the user doesn't have local admin rights.  Otherwise it's another nuisance they don't need.

No Events found!