Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 9th, 2013 06:00

How do I start my Office 365 subscription?

I purchased an Office 365 subscription with my new Dell laptop.  The laptop arrived with no guidance on how to access my Office subscription.  Dell Support is pretty much an oxymoron - no one ever available to chat and ask a simple question of.  Email won't be answered until next week (it is Saturday) at best.  Where can I get this simple question answered?

Steve

3 Posts

February 10th, 2013 03:00

Hi Steve,

I am new to the forums myself and have just received my first Dell product. However, since you purchased Office with you laptop, I would think that all you would need to do is go to Microsoft's site and register there. They will be able to check on, and validate your software so you should be able to start using it as soon as you are registered with MS. At least that is my thoughts on it, since every software company wants validation through registration.

Also, did you get your serial number for Office with your computer? Inputting that information should get everything rolling smoothly for you, at least I hope it does. If that doesn't work, then Monday is only another day away then you can find out what needs to be done from Dell. Good luck!

Arria

4 Posts

February 10th, 2013 07:00

Arria,

That is how I usually do it but I did not receive a product key or whatever else is needed for the Office product I ordered.  I don't know if it has anything to do with this being Office 365, which is a subscription for what I believe is a cloud-based application.  What is frustrating is the difficulty on getting information and support from Dell.  I haven't bought a new computer in a few years but customer support was not so difficult in the past.  I realize that it is the weekend, but like so many people these days work for me doesn't always end on Friday.  Thanks for your response.

Steve  

4.4K Posts

February 12th, 2013 04:00

Hi  svaughn,

Welcome to the Community,

For help with Microsoft Office 365 please refer to this links below :

Microsoft Office 365 with Dell FAQ : www.dell.com/.../faq-office365

Microsoft Office 365 with Dell Help :www.dell.com/.../office365-help

Hope this helps,

Thank You

4 Posts

February 12th, 2013 20:00

I purchased a year subscription to Office 365 with my new laptop.  I gave no product key or other proof of this purchase or knowledge on how to access the product.  The links you provided did not help.  

4.4K Posts

February 12th, 2013 23:00

Hi  svaughn,

If you have purchased the subscription along with the system then you're suppose to get a welcome email with Login credentials using which you can get started with the Office 365 from this link below :

www.gettingstartedwithdell.com

If you cannot find your Welcome email contact 1-888-649-4090 or send email to support@office365.dell.com

Thank You

4 Posts

February 14th, 2013 18:00

Dell has now sent me the welcome email and I have successfully accessed the all of the software I purchased with my new laptop. 

Steve

4.4K Posts

February 15th, 2013 00:00

Glad you're able to access all your software's.

Thank you for posting back.

1 Message

June 5th, 2018 11:00

Hi Roshan,

I too have a question on starting my Office 365 subscription.

My computer died.  I am purchasing Dell with the Office 365 subscription, but I have 2 more months with a business that uses Office 365.  So when I get the new computer, they will want to install their software and license so I can continue working for them for 2 more months.  Then I will be activating the subscription I received when I purchased my laptop. 

Will that cause a problem with first installing their software (they will be asking me to install pro plus) and then activating my license 2 months later?

Or should I first activate my license? 

I am not sure of the steps to take to make sure I don't have problems when I am not working for them.

Thank you.

Katherine

November 2nd, 2019 18:00

Activate your subscription through your Dell Digital Locker  link in the email that should have been sent to you.

January 24th, 2020 04:00

How do I find my Office 365 subscription? Find out when your Office 365 subscription expires Go to your Services & subscriptions page. If prompted, choose Sign in and enter the Microsoft account email and password associated with your Office 365 subscription. Review the details under the Services & Subscriptions heading.

No Events found!