Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2009 14:00

How to reinstall Roxio Creator

I've just bought a Dell Studio desktop PC which came with Roxio Creator DE 10.2. I want to re-format the hard drive and install my own licensed copy of Windows Vista Ultimate Edition. How do I re-install Roxio Creator on the freshly formatted drive? Dell don't seem to have supplied the Roxio CD. They've only supplied a copy of Windows Vista Home Premium and a device drivers CD. Is Roxio Creator DE available for download from the Dell website? I'm based in the United Kingdom if that makes a difference. Thanks for your replies.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 7th, 2009 15:00

klitosk,

In order for you to re-install Roxio Creator, you will need to request a disk from Dell. Since you mention that you're in the UK, and that was great, you need to order the Dell Backup Disk from here.

Request Backup Disks UK

Rick

2 Posts

March 8th, 2009 04:00

Thanks very much for your helpful and quick reply, Rick. I will do as you suggest.

Klitos K.

1 Message

May 10th, 2009 04:00

I bought a Dell Inspiron 530 from Dell in March this year and the Roxio Creator 10 program would not copy discs, Dell told me to uninstall the program and reinstall from the cd, but they did not send the cd with the new computer, just the three discs as you said, they insist I have it, it's driving me mad to try and get the program I have paid for and to work correctly

RonE

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 10th, 2009 07:00

RonE,

If you live in the United States and are the origional owner, then click below my signature and request a backup set of Roxio Disks.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 10th, 2009 08:00

From what I read on other posts (and going back a long time), if you didn't initially get the Roxio reinstallation program, either on a separate disc or included on another Dell Applications disc you are out of luck. 

1 Message

May 29th, 2009 21:00

Hi,just bought a new dell 530,I put in xp,and it came with the sealed roxio creator de 10.2 re-install software..do I just pop this and and download..I just cant stand vista..thanks much..I have nero but it is 2005 and cant see upgrading that with this new roxio re iinstall rom..should work in my opinon..what do ya think..glad dell through it in with a bunch of other softwar too..

1 Message

September 27th, 2009 11:00

I have followed this twice now and not had a single thing come back, I am still without Roxio 10 DE. I have tried chatting to support which seems always to be busy. Is it correct that if you did not get the CD, you are out of luck?

7 Posts

November 8th, 2009 00:00

I had the same issue after upgrading my Studio XPS to 7. See "My Dell Downloads", register your system, and you can recover the factory installed software. It just worked for me! In addition, you can burn discs for future use.

Good luck!

UPDATE - Before I found this online solution ,I followed the earlier post and requested the discs from Dell and received them 48 hours later- THANKS DELL!

2 Posts

December 22nd, 2009 11:00

Posted to wrong thread

1 Message

January 5th, 2012 12:00

I have the same issue for my Inspiron 1470 Window 7 Home Premium system.

Can I have a back up set of Roxio installation CD ?

Thanks,

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 5th, 2012 12:00

Lee K,

Using Internet Explorer, go to My Dell Downloads :: Login use the same email address and password you used here.

Click on add system. You can find the Roxio software there available to download.

If you cannot get access, if in the United States, Request Backup Disks USA if in another Country, contact Dell Tech Support in your Country.

Rick

1 Message

March 5th, 2012 23:00

Hi, how can i request for Roxio CD if my location is in China.

Kindly advise!

• 

16.7K Posts

March 6th, 2012 07:00

c0ld_v1n,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

It varies from country to country. You will need to contact China Care/Support to see about the disk if you cannot download from the mydelldownloads link below.

My Dell Downloads

No Events found!