Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 31st, 2012 08:00

Intuit Quikbooks Download purchased from Dell Issue NOT ADDRESSED for 4 days

I purchased the Quikbooks Premier download Thursday. Thursday afternoon I got frantic calls and emails from Sachin_V_S​@Dell.com (Sachin_V_S@Dell.com) because the tel number I entered didn't correspond with the one the cc company had on file and if I didn't quickly get in touch with them the order would be canceled. Well the cc company did have the number on file as a secondary number and the charge went through.

By Friday morning Leslie Bocage (DDS_ECOMM_LTG@DELL.COM) had sent the download and so I proceeded to try and download it. 

THIS IS THE MESSAGE I RECEIVED: 
" Cannot download the application. The application is missing required filed. Contact application vendor for assistance."

There was a 5.27 kb file saved in my computer but when I clicked on that, the only thing that opened up was this:

"PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 5.1.2600.196608 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50727.3643
System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50727.3643 (GDR.050727-3600)
dfdll.dll : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of "C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\My Documents\smartsource.MediaManager.application" resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Invalid URI: The URI scheme is not valid.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
No phase information is available.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [12/28/2012 1:45:13 PM] System.UriFormatException
- Invalid URI: The URI scheme is not valid.
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available."

I asked my husband the technowiz to see if there was something I was doing wrong. He tried as well and got the same results. SO FRIDAY AFTERNOON I copied the error message and the page of details from what was saved on my computer and emailed product support listed on the download page as  dds_ecomm_ltg@dell.com.

By Sunday, I still had received no response so I resent the email to  dds_ecomm_ltg@dell.com, copying  Sachin_V_S​@Dell.com and   Leslie Bocage (DDS_ECOMM_LTG@DELL.COM) in the wild hope that they might know someone in product resolution/customer service etc and have the grace and consideration to forward on my email to someone actually WILLING to help.

It's Monday morning. NO call. NO email. I had hoped to have this program installed and files set up by now for the new year. I am very unhappy to say the least. 

January 7th, 2013 12:00

I am having similar problem, but with different error message. Did you get to hear from them?

Thanks

January 7th, 2013 15:00

I resolved it by moving to IE from Chrome.

2 Posts

January 7th, 2013 19:00

I tried IE, Chrome, Opera and Firefox- no luck. Finally canceled the order

No Events found!