Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2011 22:00

MS office 2007 reinstall from backup....

I bought this Dell 1710 vostro with Vista Business and MS office 2007 complete pre installed.

I've had to reinstall windows which is working fine. I backed up office to external as well as window's default windows.old file.

Both off which I can access,though I when  attempting to reinstall I receive "system not configured for the app" notice.

Any insights or advice would be seriously appreciated!

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

August 28th, 2011 04:00

Do you have the card with the product key? What version of Office 2007 was preinstalled? See if you can download it from here (the correct version). Use your product key.

September 1st, 2011 18:00

no card came with unit nor a product key.

Rang Dell and there smartsource.dell site doesn't recognise my service tag?

When I try to open word or excell I get the message that excell/word is not insatlled for current user,please run setup to install the app.

So i know I have the program the program there, just need to know how to reinstall it!

Thanks for your time.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

September 5th, 2011 16:00

Its hard to reinstall it without using the product key.

Although the old files were there windows registry does not detect that you have office installed so you get that message.

Unfortunately you cannot use the likes of Belarc advisor to retrieve your product key.

I would try following the steps listed here. Once the old windows is restored, I would then try to use Belarc Advisor to obtain the key.

I have never attempted this and it is a little complicated but I think its worth an attempt.

No Events found!