Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2017 12:00

Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 product Key missing

My company bought a new computer, ordered and paid extra for Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 25 digit product key card was never shipped with. 

How do i get a copy of the product key that belong to my company? and without the product key, I cannot activate the software. Out of over 40 computers my company have bought from Dell, this is a first.

I've had less than stellar experience with Dell customer support by email on another matter because their english is non existant. Meaning, they do not read what I am trying to explain. Instead they send generic forms.

Also, phone is out of the question because of language difficulties with heavy foreign accents.

thank you, Kate

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 20th, 2017 08:00

Hi there, can you private message me your Service Tag (or order #) on the system that did not have the Office Key sent? It should have been on a card in the box, but if you have checked and it was not there I would like to look into this.

Best regards,

Brad

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

April 20th, 2017 09:00

Hi Brad, I am new to Dell boards. I can't figure out how to PM to you the service tag. When I entered your user id, it says not found. How do I PM to you?

Thank you! Kate

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

Hi Kate,

I just sent you a PM from my normal account (this one). This should make it easier to message me.

Best regards,

Brad

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

Hi Brad,

I got your PM and replied to you already.

I eagerly await for an answer as someone in my office need the new computer as her current one is slowly dying.

Regards, Kate

No Events found!