Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 18th, 2009 11:00

Missing software

I have recently bought a Inspiron 530 desktop. The machine was meant to come with Roxio Creator & MYDVD 10.2. Although Creator was installed MYDVD was not. I have been trying through Dell customer services to get this rectified. Firstly they sent to me the Roxio Creator CD. This I explained I already had, and that it was the MYDVD that was missing. They then said they would get that sent to me. When nothing arrived, and no confirmation of the order was sent, I contacted them again, only to be told that I had already received the order (referring to the Creator CD). I explained again that this wasn't the software that was missing. They have now replied saying that as the computer was meant to have the software pre-installed, with no media that they would be able to send me the CD. Clearly this is not satisfactory. Has anyone else been in a similar situation, and, if so, how did they resolve it?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 18th, 2009 14:00

If talking on the telephone doesn't work, try email or chat.

4.6K Posts

March 19th, 2009 13:00

I'm glad someone else was able to offer advice, because that font and text size is absolutely murder to read :emotion-3:

Why change the forum defaults?  They're chosen for a reason - namely they're easy to read :emotion-55:

Anyways... you can request backup discs here.

2 Posts

March 20th, 2009 10:00

I didn't change any default fonts - I only installed the spell checker and checked the spelling. I fact I can't see a font or point size option here!

After many emails back and forth the Dell customer services have deemed fit to send out a disc,

>>I have checked the order confirmation and have noticed that under the part number 429-13026 its says that software was installed and no media was ordered.

>>However, I have escalated this to the concerned department and will get the My Dvd software cd's sent out to you on priority basis.

>>It should take 3-5 working days for the replacement cd's to be delivered to you.

>>Dell support

Although this is going to an address where there'll be noone to sign for it in, not the address I asked it to be delivered to... ah well, I may get the software eventually.

No Events found!