Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

September 27th, 2009 18:00

My Dell Dock isn't working with Windows 7

Hey all,

Just yesterday I installed Windows 7 Professional - offered by my university - successfully onto my Dell Studio 1737 laptop, and the new Windows is working just great with only one minor issue; I can't get Dell Dock to work from www.delldock.com

I've downloaded all three version of Dell Dock from the website; including the "installing..." "reinstalling..." and "installing on another dell" options, none of it work. Everytime the installation went perfectly fine; there was no indication of error or problems encountered during the installion of the Dell Dock. Problem occured when it was done installing with regard to loading the application. I constantly get an error message indicating the language file was not found and requested that I re-check the installtion process.

When I went back to www.dell.ca and search for the Dell Dock driver I came across to this page;

http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R192718&formatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=265024

Which had version 1.0, A03 and was released on 12/11/2008. Suprisingly, this version of Dell Dock works perfectly fine with my laptop EVEN though when I was checking the compatibility information, this version was not DESIGN for my LAPTOP 1737, nor mentions it was compatitable with Windows 7.

Any ideas as to why such an issue occured? Or I am permenatly stuck with using an older version of dell dock?

Any help is much appreciated.

Jiffy.

4 Posts

December 23rd, 2011 15:00

this worked for me..reinstall the old Dell Dock first

download.cnet.com/.../3000-2072_4-10966816.html

1 Message

March 26th, 2012 10:00

The Perfect Solution - Thanks ! ! !

Version 15 works with W-7 not the New Release - V 16.

May 30th, 2014 11:00

It worked! An annoyingly simple fix after so much searching. Thank you so much!

May 30th, 2014 12:00

I see my reply wasn't attached to the original comment somehow. THIS is what worked: EliteG33k wrote the following post at 11 Apr 2011 5:50 PM: Wow what a pain of a problem with an easy solution. Copy your contents of C:/Program Files/Dell/Dell Dock (the whole Dell Dock Folder) to your C:/Program Filesx86/Dell/ Folder and then create new shortcut. They need to rewrite the install script for the right directory

1 Message

July 10th, 2015 10:00

In Windows 7 the file

"C:\Users\ \AppData\Local\Stardock_Corporation\DellDock.exe_Url_zerevpyj2cwvrpvdb3tli4avbxq3yq3p\2.5.0.1527\user.config"

tends to get corrupted, expecially when an abnormal Windows shutdown or hung-up, seen some time file size is 0.

Delete the all directory "C:\Users\ \AppData\Local\Stardock_Corporation" and restart DellDock, it will get regenerated and the program is up and running

No Events found!