Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 15th, 2010 07:00

Not eligible to Office 2010

Hello,

We, a small company, have buyed 4 computers on May 2010. These have Office 2007 Small Businness, and have been activated in June 2010.

So, we want to upgrade to Office 2010 because, the requirement are good. But when we request Office 2010 through the Microsoft Office 2010 form, the Product ID is not eligible.

What's wrong?

Thanks for help,

Sincerelly.

• 

16.7K Posts

June 17th, 2010 14:00

If you received and error when registering for the Office 2010 and received and error please read the following information. Microsoft is aware of this issue and should have it resolved at this time.

o    :   Microsoft  is in the process of updating systems to appropriately recognize all eligible products, and if the customer did indeed purchase an eligible product, they should revisit http://www.office.com/techg in the next 48-72 hrs.

3.7K Posts

June 15th, 2010 07:00

Hi, The only thing that I can think off, is your version is OEM, and not retail. I think the best bet would be to give microsoft a ring.

3 Posts

June 15th, 2010 08:00

But these are 4 Dell Computers with offer "Upgrade to 2010" that we have buy..

DVDs have a "OEM" marker.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 15th, 2010 11:00

This MS Instruction Page might help. You should make sure that you are using the right Office 2007 25 character product key and the Office 2007 program is activated. You order the 2010 download online at this site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/

Don't confused the Windows product key with the Office key--they are different.

1 Message

June 15th, 2010 21:00

Having the same problem.  Dell machine bought in late may, delivered, setup and activated first week of June.  Office Product ID is a OEM product key.  Getting the same "ineligible" message from the Office 2010 upgrade page.

9 Posts

June 15th, 2010 22:00

that won't be the problem Dell Messed up I have the same problem and when I contact dell they play stupid duuuuu we didn't send it with 2010 duuu i don't now what your talking about duuu do you have a link .... disconnect you form chat secion, dell has the worst customer service ever, my new laptop bought march 25 has been nothing but a nightmare 2 plus months of then delaying then shipping to the wrong address , even after i called to correct it there invoice had a diffrent shipping address then my account???? whats up with that, o yes then lossing the laptop in shipping and delaying again reshipping because they wouldn't check with fedex that it was lost had to wait for fed ex to tell them, its overniht shipping if it ain't ther the next day its missing. you will find dell honors there commitments more in breach then in truth , good luck getting it fixed , as i know go back to talking to another rep. that can hang up on me after telling me they never promised any such thing

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

June 16th, 2010 15:00

If Dell installed Office on your system and you follow the instructions to find the product key from inside an Office app, it probably has "OEM" in it because Dell installed it.

The key you need should be on the Office CD envelope that Dell included with your system. It's totally different from the OEM product key that Office displays internally.

Ron

2 Posts

June 17th, 2010 08:00

Same thing here. The online MS upgrade form wants the Product ID, not the Product Key. The Product ID has "OEM" in it. I called Dell and Microsoft and they both agreeed that I should be eligible for the Office 2010 upgrade. MS said they would get back to me ... still waiting. :-(

3 Posts

June 18th, 2010 09:00

Thanks, now it's working like a charm :)

3 Posts

July 3rd, 2010 00:00

There are others of us still having this issue. Do we wait 48 hours from your post, or 48 hours from when we first tried? It has been more than 2 weeks since your post.

No Events found!