Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 12th, 2010 09:00

Office Outlook and MS Word

I have a Dell Dimension 4700C using WinXP3 that has given great service for several years. Lately, however, the strangest situation has been occuring. When I open Outlook to add addresses or insert/change appointments, it takes a while to bring up the data. And when I close the program, up comes a notice that MS Word has a problem and must close, and the usual mini-window to share the error with Micro Soft. This is strange as I didn't start Word! I have tried re-installing the programs, and using the 'fix errors', but this has not been successful!

The particulars are : Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, and MS Word 11. Is there a setting I've missed that starts Word when Outlook is booted? I really don't want to have to un-install these programs as I'm afraid of losing all the data!!!

Any ideas????

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 12th, 2010 09:00

You could try deselecting Word as your Outlook editor in Tools, Options, Mail Format in Outlook. Use the built in Outlook editor instead. I think it's better than the overblown Word as editor. Every time you open Outlook, you open Word if you use it as your editor. Then try correcting Word and Office errors without losing anything by opening Word, Help, Detect & Repair Office.

31 Posts

November 12th, 2010 10:00

Wow!!! Many thanks Mary! One click and all is well!

Much appreciated;

Garry

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 12th, 2010 12:00

Glad it helped!

No Events found!