Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2012 20:00

Outlook 2010 Missing Send/Receive Groups

I just took delivery of an Alienware Aurora R4 with MS Office 2010 Home and Business.  I have configured my email profile, and I appear to be able to send email from Outlook.  However, I am not able to download any emails.  Repairing the Office install through the Control Panel doesn't appear to work.

I have searched online and it appears that I have to configure a Send/Receive Group.  However, when I go to that menu in the ribbon, the dropdown is blank.  When I click on the Send/Receive button in the options, nothing happens.  It seems like that part of Outlook could be corrupted.  What can I do to get my emails?

953 Posts

July 30th, 2012 09:00

Hi MKMoore,

Welcome to the Community.

From the description of the problem that you gave here. I can understand that the Microsoft Outlook application has gone corrupt in your machine. Well, not to worry. I can help you download and install a fresh copy of the Microsoft Home and Business 2010. All you need to do is to download an exe file from the following link and then install the Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 with it:

msft.digitalrivercontent.net/.../X17-22376.exe

After you have downloaded and started the installation process you can enter the product key from the Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 MPI(Microsoft Product Identifier) card supplied from Dell with your computer. This will install a fresh copy of Microsoft Office on your computer and then you can reconfigure your mailbox to Microsoft Outlook.

If this doesn't fix the problem please feel free to get back to me.

2 Posts

August 3rd, 2012 14:00

Hi, I uninstalled and reinstalled Office from the link above, and it didn't fix the problem.

No Events found!