Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2008 16:00

Outlook Express 6.0 -- unknown error message

My huband's machine is not able to send/recieve emails due to unknown error message

0x800C0133.  Earthlink cannot help..... Microsoft wants $59 just to ask a question.

I've gone to webmail and deleted all large incoming messages.

Is there a way to re-install Outlook?  I've even tried restoring computer to earlier date.

Thank you!

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 8th, 2008 22:00

Outlook Express is part of the Operating System.  If you have Windows XP, repost HERE

But, Google is your friend. I found this doing a Google search for "reinstall outlook express 6"  Click Me

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 8th, 2008 22:00

Here's a solution Google came up with-- not sure it will help, but couldn't hurt to try:

Error 0x800c0133 when you are retrieving email with your Outlook Express (OE) is because of corrupted Inbox file.

To remedy please follow these steps:

1. Open OE, on the left pane, right click "Local Folders", select "New Folder...", specify a name for your new folder as "Temp".
  2. If you are still able to access "Inbox", move all mails in "Inbox" to the new "Temp" folder.
  3. Go to menu "Tools" -> "Options" -> "Maintenance" tab -> "Store Folder" button. It will show the location of your Inbox file, please remember this location.
  4. Close OE, go to the location mentioned above, delete the file "inbox.dbx".
  5. Restart OE, the "Inbox" folder should be auto recreated. Move back your mails to the new "Inbox", remove the "Temp" folder.

8 Posts

July 8th, 2008 23:00

Mary G..... thank you for repying!

I've done that-- still not working.

But I do appreciate your help.

8 Posts

July 9th, 2008 00:00

The thing is..... we don't have the CD......our home was completely flooded in Dec 07..... and it was probably lost.  We did good to save what we did.

This OE 6.0 problem is really the least of our worries, but my husband enjoys email so much on his machine...... trying to help him.

Any idea as to re-install OE 6.0 without the CD??

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 9th, 2008 10:00

Probably not.  Dell does have a replacement CD order procedure, there are certain requirements to get the CD's but give it a try  HERE

There are other e-mail programs that can be downloaded,  such as the free Thunderbird from Mozilla  HERE

No Events found!