Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 16th, 2009 09:00

PDF Program... need advice, please?

I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. I am desperately seeking a PDF maker program. I've always used Adobe Acrobat in the past but quite frankly right now I can't afford the outrageous price they want for it! I tried a cheap ($20) program and well... it was awful. The PDFs looked like some scribblings from my littlest grandchild!

Anyone familiar with PDF apps? Is there one that converts well but doesn't co$t an arm, a leg, and various other appendages? I got a promo from something called Nitro PDF...

http://www.avanquest.com/USA/pc-utilities/pdf-ocr/Nitro_PDF_Pro.html?tr1=AQ_US_EM_NITRO_0409RE_BUY&cc=NITRO0409

It's on sale but only for the next two days, you might know! The price is good but I really don't want to waste any more money. Is it any good, or do you have any other ideas? I use PDF stuff a lot and plan to do more.

Thank you!

2.9K Posts

April 16th, 2009 11:00

Ive used the FREE version of CutePDF for some time now and it seems to do a pretty reasonalbe job.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 16th, 2009 14:00

The free (but they take donations) Open Office Suite of Programs, Wordprocessor program will save directly as a PDF file.  http://www.openoffice.org/

The Open Office suite of programs are also equivalent to and compatible with MS Office.

381 Posts

April 25th, 2009 08:00

Hi Fireberd...

Sorry to take so long getting back with you, but you know how Real Life™ gets in the way...

I love Open Office and use it all the time, including the PDF feature, but what I need is a program to save things like scanned documents as a pdf file... does maybe Open Office do that and I'm too dumb to figure out how? I also need an application to add and subtract pages from a pdf, like if I scan a page and save it, and later on here comes the boss with page two and I want to save it as part of the document I already have...?

Yeah, i know... I'm picky!

Thanx!

872 Posts

April 25th, 2009 14:00

No Events found!