Product Activation

Error reporting as

Error code:  0x803fa067.  Please help me

Windows not activating 10

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 14th, 2016 20:00

"Activation failed because this device doesn't have a valid digital entitlement or product key.  Error code:  0x803FA067"

This issue occurs if the following conditions are true:

•You use volume-licensed media to install one of the following operating systems:

•Windows 10

•Windows 8

•Windows 7

•Windows Vista Enterprise

•Windows Vista Business

•Windows Server 2012

•Windows Server 2008

•Windows Server 2008 R2

•The activation wizard cannot connect to a Key Management Service (KMS) host computer.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

February 15th, 2016 10:00

You did not upgrade properly. Lots of reasons--Windows 8.1 or 7 must be activated and running before upgrading. The upgrade must be an in place upgrade-- done with windows 7 or 8.1 running--not a clean install. The upgrade must match the version of windows you are running-- Home or Pro (not Enterprise which is not eligible for the free upgrade) See this for more--

windows.microsoft.com/.../activation-in-windows-10

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

February 15th, 2016 14:00

You did not upgrade properly. Lots of reasons--Windows 8.1 or 7 must be activated and running before upgrading. The upgrade must be an in place upgrade-- done with windows 7 or 8.1 running--not a clean install. The upgrade must match the version of windows you are running-- Home or Pro (not Enterprise which is not eligible for the free upgrade) See this for more--

windows.microsoft.com/.../activation-in-windows-10

You can clean install if its a retail or OEM license, this was fixed in Windows 10 TH2.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 16th, 2016 07:00

Getting a TH2 ISO is still somewhat tricky however.  Its labeling is also wierd.

Aka Windows 10 1511  Build 10586

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 16th, 2016 07:00

Getting a TH2 ISO is still somewhat tricky however.  Its labeling is also wierd.

Aka Windows 10 1511  Build 10586

When I installed it and it asks for a Key I say I don't have one but I must then Pick Home or PRO windows.  The version must MATCH what the WIN7  or WIN8 COA says aka home or pro.

WIN7 Starter does not qualify for the free upgrade.

Once installed I get online and change the key to the WIN7 or WIN8 COA key and activate and it works fine.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

February 16th, 2016 09:00

When I installed it and it asks for a Key I say I don't have one but I must then Pick Home or PRO windows.  The version must MATCH what the WIN7  or WIN8 COA says aka home or pro.

I've noticed that fault also. It should select the correct Edition when you input the key but doesn't and asks you to select one...

It works correctly for UEFI BIOS OEM SLP keys however.

WIN7 Starter does not qualify for the free upgrade.

Not tried the Starter Edition but it does get a free upgrade according to Microsoft:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-10-specifications

No-one knows what Microsoft are doing come July 30 2016... Personally I hope we get an announcement that the free upgrade will simply continue. I think they will shoot themselves in the foot if they try to stop the free upgrade. First prolonging the Windows 7 userbase which they want to migrate over to Windows 10. 

In the case of a system upgraded from a Windows 7 OEM install with OEM SLP activation which has never had the key of the COA input. If someone tries to use the key on the COA after July 2016 and Microsoft blocks it then it'll create unnecessary upset.

No Events found!