Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 17th, 2014 16:00

Profile1_FFB.inp from a recovery external hard drive question

MY DELL said I needed to make a recovery disk (not sure of exact wording).  It was a large file, that I knew would not fit on my flash drives.  So I put my external hard drive on the usb port.  I had my documents, and pictures on that external hard drive.  Well, it let me know that it would delete everything on the external hard drive.  I thought, that is okay, I will add the other stuff later.  I did the recovery usb back up to the external hard drive, and removed the external hard drive from the computer.  The next day I started having slow viewing on videos online.  I thought it was my isp.  I called them.  When we put the computer in safe mode, and checked the speed, it worked fine, normal download speed.  They said I must have a virus.  I checked for virus, and found nothing.  Then I noticed about Carbonite had a large amount of material it was trying to back up.  Come to find out by talking to Carbonite, there was a file trying to back up on there, that was weird.  It was a very large file.  That file is Profile1_FFB.inp, and I believe it is associated with the Dell Recovery that I did on my external hard drive.  There are 39 of those files, taking up a lot of space on my hard drive.  They are numbered.  Is this normal for this to happen?  I have not put the external hard drive back on, to see what would happen.  Now I am not sure if it will let me add my photos and documents on it.  Please advise on this.  The Carbonite tech stopped that Profile1 from backing up to Carbonite, and the speed problem was solved.  This file is found on documents under a folder called Profile1.  She did a check to see what happened on the date that all went crazy for the speed, on an event viewer.  The 11th is the day that I did that recovery files on the usb external hard drive.  What should I do about this?  Please tell me I will be able to add my regular backups to the external hard drive.  Each one of those profile1 files has a very large amount of data.  

No Responses!
No Events found!