Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 25th, 2010 15:00

Ricoh Software for a XPS M1530... Help?

I am a college student who managed to get my computer onto Windows 7 Professional (which took 4 nights, a LOT of help, many tears, and wiping my hard drive completely), but I recently realized that my Memory Card adapter does not work.

I managed to find my report from the failed upgrade, and found the names of what I need:

Ricoh Memory Stick Host Controller

RICOH OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

Ricoh SD/MMC Host Controller

Ricoh xD-Picture Card Controller

however, I do not know WHERE i can get the drivers/ software to make these work again, and I am terrified of having things not work once again... I have never had so many problems with a computer until I recieved this computer, and in college, I really can't work without it.

I have a disk that says 'Drivers and Utilities' that came with the computer, but i don't know if they're on there, or if it will install things i do not need. and it doesn't specify what's on the disk.

468 Posts

January 25th, 2010 16:00

you know.. i've had a laptop that had a Ricoh memory card reader on it.. if the disk you have states it has windows 7 drivers for all that, it should work with no problems.. as i dont know what exactally you are dealing with in terms of the hassle of upgrading another option you can do is if you have an sd card of some sort, you can pop that in and let windows 7 install the drivers for you.. if it works like mine did..

3 Posts

January 25th, 2010 16:00

the disk does not state if it is for Windows 7 or Vista. When I first bought the computer and recieved the disks, it was running on Windows Vista.

and i actually found this out when I put my SD card in and it didn't show up, so mine didn't work that way, unfortunately.

12.7K Posts

January 26th, 2010 15:00

Since W7 is not supported on this model:

Two things you can try, go into device manager, right click on any items marked with  yellow and select update driver, let it go to the internet, see if it can find the driver. 

The second is a bit harder, you would need to install Vista with all the drivers, then use a driver backup utility to back up the card reader drivers, then install W7 and the drivers you found for W7, then use the driver backup software to install the card reader drivers, a pain I know.

Problem is the card reader drivers are most likely part of the NSS software, but this will not install properly in W7.

3 Posts

January 27th, 2010 07:00

I tried this, and it said all of the drivers were up to date. Yet if I put a memory card in, it still will not read it.

And I absolutely will not go back to Vista. I already had Vista literally kill a hard drive on me, and I can't afford to have my computer down really.

It's more like a pain in the butt, since I use my photography for courses, and now I have to dig out cords and make sure batteries are charged instead of just popping in the memory card.

Well this stinks. I'm trying to stay positive though, getting W7 in was hell, so I can survive almost anything now.

No Events found!