Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2013 00:00

System restore initializing ?

I am trying to restore my system to an earlier date as a program would not work properly. I ran one and issue did not fix so I ran another one going back to another earlier date and now I have been sitting here for over an hour when the other one was less than 10 minutes it is like it is stuck and I don't know what to do. If I stop or turn off what will happen? It is on a blue screen and says Pleas wait while your windows files and settings are being restored next line says System Restore is initializing... Now what do I do? Help.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

April 5th, 2013 01:00

Hi Teresa G,

As the computer is stuck during system restore, I would suggest pressing and holding the power button of the system till the system is switched off. If the system restore is interrupted, the computer will be back to the state before system restore was initiated.

As you have mentioned that "a program would not work properly", I would like to know which program are you referring to. 
I would also like to know the process how you initialized system restore. 

Please write back with the details, I'd be glad to assist you further.  

2 Posts

April 5th, 2013 07:00

I left it on overnight and came back this morning and it was finished so that was good.  The program that has issues is a program I use for my work call Worldspan or Travelport.  This is the second time they send me updates and I run them and then it doesn't work so I have had to go back to an earlier date using the control panel, action center and then it gives me several dates to go back to.  I think it took so long as I had added so many pictures from a trip (and videos) and it must have had something to do with that.  Dell Data safe wanted to run again so does that mean all the pictures in my last Dell Data safe are not saved as it took a long time to save all that last time.  Or would all my pictures still be backed up even though I had to revert my computer back?

Thanks for your help, I am going to contact the Worldspan to see if the upates they give me are causing the program to not work properly.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

April 9th, 2013 04:00

Hi Teresa G,

System restore will not delete any information or files from the system.

I suggest you to run Datasafe once again to save your information.

I would also like to know the status of the computer.

Please reply for further help.

No Events found!