Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 11th, 2010 09:00

Windiws Installer

I have been trying to install a piece of software called  EQ7 Update onto my Dell Studio 1555 with Vista Home Premium.  Unfortunately after the software installs the Windows Installer keeps saying  ' Gathering required information. Please wait while Windows configures EQ7'  This dialogue box runs for several times and eventually the program loads but everytime I click on an action the installer box runs again.  I have tried restoring the laptop to factory setting but no luck. Any help would be most appreciated as my wife is desperate to use the program.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 11th, 2010 10:00

As everything else apparently works OK, the problem is the EQ7 program, not your PC.  Either it's not compatible with Vista or it has an installation problem.  Your first step should be to contact EQ7 for assistance on installing their program. 

Keep in mind the PC does not have to be compatible with the program, the program must be compatible and work with the PC.  Or another example, if you have a Ford car and buy a Non Ford manufactured aftermarket accessory and it doesn't fit properly, it's not Ford's problem to make it fit, it's the after market accessory companies resonsibility to make a product that dies fit.

881 Posts

August 11th, 2010 10:00

Have you posted this question on the EQ forums? They have a Tech Forum & Tech supprt it looks like.........

Jeff

August 11th, 2010 11:00

I haven't been on the EQ forums but have been communicating with a very helpful member of their technical support team but as yet to no avail

August 11th, 2010 11:00

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I don't believe it is a problem with the software as I have installed the program on my daughter's Dell laptop and it works perfectly.

February 11th, 2011 14:00

As everything else apparently works OK, the problem is the EQ7 program, not your PC. Either it's not compatible with Vista or it has an installation problem. Your first step should be to contact EQ7 for assistance on installing their program.

Keep in mind the PC does not have to be compatible with the program, the program must be compatible and work with the PC. Or another example, if you have a Ford car and buy a Non Ford manufactured aftermarket accessory and it doesn't fit properly, it's not Ford's problem to make it fit, it's the after market accessory companies resonsibility to make a product that dies fit.

It's very valuable, Thanks for your sharing!
No Events found!