Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 28th, 2013 05:00

Windows 7 Not Genuine

I restored my computer and when I did so the warning that Windows 7 is not genuine is up how do I fix this.  I have worked with Microsoft softward technicians they could not reinstall Windows 7 anyone have these issues?

10 Posts

you get the meaasge because you changed your computer’s configuration (this makes Windows think you installed it on a different PC). It’s a bit of a pain, I guess, but you should try the steps given in the message above.

you can talk to microsoft and get windows activated via phone

2 Intern

• 

621 Posts

Hi kar2013,

Was the operating system reinstalled using a media or was the system restored to factory settings using recovery partition?

You may try the steps provided below to fix the issue.

• Click on the link http://dell.to/1fxjuGD.
  • It will ask you to run the application.
  • Click on Run
  • Once the Installation is complete click on the start button
  • In the search bar type wgatray /b, and click OK

The Windows Genuine Advantage Notification Tool would be reset.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

September 28th, 2013 12:00

What model of Dell and what version of Windows 7 e.g. XPS 8300 and Windows 7 Home Premium. If its an install with the Dell factory settings I advise you to follow Windows Reinstallation Guide/A Clean install of Windows 7:

http://philipyip.wordpress.com/dell-community-forums/ 

First follow the step 2 (page 10-11) and backup the Dell OEM Product Activation. 

Then follow Step 11g (page 54) to remove the Dell OEM product activation from your system and any product keys input for your system. You will be told that your system isn't genuine. Restart.

Finally restore the OEM product activation (page 43) and restart the computer again.

If it doesn't work repeat the steps above but use the files listed at the bottom of page 11 in Step 2.

No Events found!