Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 17th, 2010 05:00

Windows DVD maker - Message reads "DVD burner not installed" when I try to burn a DVD

I burnt several movies onto DVD discs without issue. Thought the Windows DVD maker  burner was excellent. Now it does not recognise any burner software when I try and burn movies onto disc. Seemed to change over night ! I have seen other people with this problem too. Is there an acceptable solution to fix this problem. I have a brand new Dell Studio 14. Please advise ?? Many thanks.

39 Posts

February 17th, 2010 06:00

When a program says "dvd drive not install ror dvd drive not detected abut the drive is detected in other programs means the program, in your case, Windows Dvd Maker, you need to either update the program or even more likely reinstall the program to have the drive recognized again.  This issue generally occurs after deleting lower or upper filters in the registry.  I am not sure if there is a way to reinstall this application with out reinstalling windows completely.  I recommend getting windows updates and look under "optional updates".

No Events found!