Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 24th, 2013 13:00

e-mailing links or pages

Internet explorer,            I cannot send a page or link by e-mail.  I click on file, drop down box appears. click on send, and a light gray shadow appears behind send by page or link. In dark letters it says to desktop and that works.Using explorer 11. Getting no help from internet service provider. If nyone can help, please tell me indetail what to do. Thanx!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 25th, 2013 19:00

catsam,

Open Internet explorer. Click on the address bar and make sure all the letters are highlighted.

Click on copy and then past the link to your email. Some email programs need a space after the link.

https://www.google.com/

Rick

1 Rookie

• 

40 Posts

December 26th, 2013 14:00

my screen doesn't look anything like that in IE11. Anyhow, not only are the send page/link by e-mail not highlighted, so are cut/paste and copy. About the only thing I can do is search. I can print a result from search, but that's about it.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 27th, 2013 07:00

catsaInternet

Explorer 11 has cause issues with printers and you're having trouble with links. The solution for the rpinters is to remove IE11 and it reverts back to a previous version.

Go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted.

Is everything working?

Rick

1 Rookie

• 

40 Posts

December 28th, 2013 07:00

What I finally had to do was to create an account in windows live mail. There has to be an account for my service providers e-mail to associate with. I yearn for the days in xp when everything was so simple to do. Glad I still have my old 4550 with xp still running. A real workhorse. Somehow the information is exchanged between windows live mail and explorer 11. Now, whenever I want to send a limk from the internet, I go ahead and click on files,(drop down box appears) and click on send  link/page by e-mail, and live mail pops ups up is sent through live mail. A real pain, but it does wok. Evidently Microsoft wants everyone using windows live mail. Thanks for the help.

1 Rookie

• 

40 Posts

December 28th, 2013 13:00

I may just try outlook, I'm really not too fond of windows live mail anyhow. The outlook way sounds a bit easier and quicker

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 28th, 2013 12:00

catsam,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. I use Mozilla Thunderbird for my email program and can copy the links and they automatically format. I also use Outlook at work and I copy and paste the link, then hit the space bar once to make the link clickable.

Take care,

Rick

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

December 29th, 2013 06:00

If you are running Windows 8.0/8.1 make sure to use Desktop Internet Explorer and not Modern Internet Explorer.

Modern IE

Desktop IE

Microsoft bundled 2 versions of Internet Explorers in Windows 8.0/8.1 with the Modern one set to launch from the Start Screen. Most things don't work very well on it. If started from the Desktop you get Desktop Internet Explorer which is far superior and more similar to what you are accustomed to. Unfortunately if you reside in the EU you will get a very annoying automatic browser choice update which will unpin this from the Desktop and so the Modern version from the Start Screen will be used by default. To access the Desktop Internet Explorer. Press [Windows] and [ r ] and the run box will display. Type in iexplore and press enter.

Then right click the icon on the Taskbar and select pin to taskbar.

Dell Travis has a video highlighting the differences between the two versions of IE10 (its pretty much the same for IE11):

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/w/microsoft_os/4773.02-windows-8-working-with-internet-explorer-10.aspx

You should change the settings as indicated to always open links in the Desktop version.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

August 31st, 2024 07:48

We want a simcard slot in your laptops to avoid using through wifi from mobile or router. Please you work on this idea. 

No Events found!