Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 20th, 2013 19:00

how to download software at: smartsource.dell.com

I have bought more than one computer from Dell.  The most recent was an educational priced laptop.  I needed to clean install windows, and I lost some software (Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements).

I visited:  https://smartsource.dell.com/

The problem is that I can not log in to get the software.  I have my order number, but I can not figure out the email and password.  Unless I can figure this out, I will lose the Adobe software.

I know my standard account login, but not my educational login.  I called Dell and they said my warranty has expired so that they could not help me find out my educational email/password.

3.1K Posts

September 20th, 2013 22:00

Hi Barnburn,

Did you register this system with My Dell Downloads? If not, then register this system with a new email address. Please see My Dell Downloads -- Frequently Asked Questions 

If you have already registered this system, then you can reset the password by choosing Forgot Your Password option. However, you would need to know the email address that you used to register. However, you've already mentioned that you don't remember the educational email/password, so this may not be a viable option.

16 Posts

September 22nd, 2013 10:00

Hello Appu,

Thanks for the information.  It partially worked.

It appears that Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements are not listed as downloadable.  That's $100-$150 software I am now missing.  Do you know why I might not be able to download - and any suggestions?

Thank you

Dell Inspiron 14z - 5423

3.1K Posts

September 24th, 2013 01:00

Hi Barnburn,

Thank you for the response. I would suggest you to download and install Dell Digital Delivery Application 

Once it is installed, you should be able to download and install the necessary software's. Please see How do I use Dell Digital Delivery for more details.

16 Posts

September 26th, 2013 04:00

I downloaded the dell digital delivery application, but it doesn't start-up when I double click it.  14z - 5423.

3.1K Posts

September 27th, 2013 00:00

Hi Barnburn,

Are you not able to run the set up file? If yes, then try the following steps.

Try to run the application as administrator. Right click on the set up file and choose Run as Administrator.

If it doesn't work, then try booting into Safe mode and check. Power off the computer -> Restart the computer, tap F8 on Dell logo 2-3 times -> This will take you to ‘Windows Advanced Boot Options’ -> Choose ‘Safe Mode’ in the Advanced Boot menu (use ‘up’ or ‘down’ arrow keys to highlight the option, press ‘enter’ to select) -> When Windows finishes loading in Safe mode, check if you are able to run the file.

16 Posts

September 27th, 2013 16:00

The driver gets downloaded to my laptop.  I then double click the driver and it loads here:  c:\\dell\drivers\etc         I then double-click the installer file located there.

Dell Digital Delivery is listed in the start menu.  I run as administrator.  Then it says something like it isn't running.  Then it says unable to connect to the internet.  Internet actually works.

3.1K Posts

September 28th, 2013 04:00

Hi Barnburn,

Try the steps mentioned in this link http://dell.to/19N14ZY 

To open registry editor, open run window, type regedit 

Hope this helps.

2 Posts

December 4th, 2014 10:00

I cant get on smart source.dell.com. put back on my webcam

2 Posts

December 4th, 2014 10:00

I cant get bake on smart source,dell.com