Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2013 10:00

how to find my windows 8 product key ??

last week I bought inspirion 15r SE and it had windows 8 on it. I want to format this laptop because my fan is making too much noise and I don't know why. the problem is that dell didn't sent me the product key, and I'm afraid to format my laptop because I don't have the product key. 

can anyone tell me how can I find the product key, or what should I do in this case ? 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 13th, 2013 20:00

1. Before formatting your PC,I would advise you to do a system restore (Sometimes issues may be resolved caused by New software installation etc.).Also you can uninstall Graphics driver from the Device Manager or from Control Panel(only if you have the set of drivers with you in the form of DVD or downloaded from Dell support).Noisy Fan is a common issue associated with Graphics Card Driver.So these steps may solve the problem.

2. Regarding the Re-install of Windows 8,there is an easy way.Check that you have a DELL RECOVERY PARTITION in your Laptop.Then type "Refresh" in the Search Bar & Click on the First Result appears,ie, "Refresh your PC without affecting your files".Follow the instructions & You can Re-install PC with minimal effort.No hassle of installing Drivers .This method is identical to re-installing PC but there is one catch.Desktop programs you installed will have to be reinstalled after Refresh.

3.To get the Windows 8 product key,try this utility: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/produkey_setup.exe

4.Don't forget to update Windows 8 to Windows 8.1.If you have purchased Windows Laptop after October 17,2013,it may have the Windows 8.1.The update is free  & available from Windows Store

No Events found!