Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

December 28th, 2013 08:00

inspiron 537s hangs on windows load

All this started a year ago. I have an inspiron 537s that boots fine until the windows load status bar comes up and then it hangs. no further action. I let it sit for days at this screen and still nothing, I have tried multiple times shutting down and restarting, and still nothing past the windows load screen so off to the internet and google for a solution and could find nothing. I moved the computer to the basement and put it on the to do list. . I'm finally getting back to it and have gone through the dell diagnostics and found no errors with the system. I tried to repair using the windows cd/dvd and still nothing it seems anything to do with windows hangs at the load screen. I have tried to load windows in safe mode selecting the various options and always stop at the windows load screen with a hang. My thoughts were to reformat and start over but I can't get access to anything. I have pulled the media reader, one stick of memory and video card and tried, still nothing. I am unable to sort this out thoughts please? svc tag bxvz5j1 thanks phil

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

December 31st, 2013 01:00

See Windows Reinstallation Guide/A Clean Install of Windows:

http://philipyip.wordpress.com/dell-community-forums/

Try clean installing with a modern system such as 7 or 8.1. The guide shows instructs you to use the Windows 7 .iso for a 30 day trial or a Windows 8.1 Enterprize .iso for a 60 day trial.

No Events found!