Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2009 06:00

uninstalling problems

I have a new PC running Vista and have installed Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 11 de luxe.  Unfortunately I did not notice that the programme as also installing photo and video editing programmes as well, and they have taken over my own editiing programmes.  When I try to uninstall them I get the message "Could not create process.  Unwise exe.  The system cannot find the file specified (2)."    Help - how do I ununstall this so that I can re-install without the phto and video editing programmes?

4.6K Posts

January 28th, 2009 07:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

WHat system do you have, and what OS are you using?

Are you using 'Add/Remove Programs' in Control Panel, or the program's own uninstaller?

Try uninstalling it, after booting into Safe Mode?

2 Posts

January 28th, 2009 07:00

I have tried using add/Remove programmes - I also contacted the programme maker and they could only suggest I uninstall.    Quite new to all this so any help I can get would be most appreciated.

9 Posts

February 5th, 2009 19:00

when you are unable to uninstall software using normal uninstall process, we have to remove the program using third party utility using Rogue uninstaller or any other program that will remove the program. When we use these programs, registry entries will be present and we have to remove those registry entires manually. In case you need any more suggestion you can contact me at support(at)computerhelp.co.in so that i can give you detailed solution. Also if you wish i can take remote of your computer and can solve the same for you if you permit me.

4.6K Posts

February 6th, 2009 08:00

Also if you wish i can take remote of your computer and can solve the same for you if you permit me.

:emotion-3:

I for one would not like a complete stranger taking control of my computer - even if they lived in the same street as me, never mind when they live in a different country :emotion-3:

And why would anyone allow you access to their computer anyway, when official Dell rep's can take remote control - if necessary :emotion-55:

But it hasn't been determined yet, whether that will be necessary?

I have tried using add/Remove programmes

Fair enough.  But have you tried uninstalling the program after booting into Safe Mode - as I suggested in my first reply?

No Events found!