Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2007 13:00

3300mp Projector Lamp Error - Even after replacing bulb

Hello,
My church owns a 3300mp projector, we have had it for 2 years, and have used maybe 200 hours of the bulb. Last week just before Easter when we were putting together a hug slide presentation to so for Easter Sunday Service, The projector failed, There was a orange light indicating Lamb Error, and also in the screen where it says warming up, 3300mp etc, it says now Lamb Error.

We thought it was the bulb, which we were disapointed to not even get 500 hours out of the bulb but we purchased one right away and had it rushed because he needed it for Sunday Easter Service.

We receive the new bulb replaced it with the old one, and now
The projector will show some light, but no Dell Logo searching for signal nothing.
It says warming up for like 5 mins. Then after warm up is done, it will show 3300mp (All on the projector machine) and then orange light goes on and Lamb Failure shows and no more light comes through. It sounds like it is running but in order to shut down the projector you have to unplug it, it won't allow it to be turned of the proper way.

Unfortuantely we have no more warrenty on it, I have been trying to get some answer from Dell Tech but they can't help me, we would have to pay for tech support. I believe this projector will need to be sent in..
Question #1 : Does any body know what the problem could be?
Question #2 : If sending it in for repair where would I send it? We are located in Minnesota U.S.A
Question #3 : Do you have any idea what the cost would be to repair this projector?
Question #4 : Can we use the same bulb in a different Dell projector if we purchased a new one instead?

Thank you I look forward to all replies ASAP please

Message Edited by StephannieL on 04-13-2007 10:34 AM

Message Edited by StephannieL on 04-13-2007 11:11 AM

2 Posts

April 19th, 2007 13:00

Hi Stephanie, I had the same problem with my projector, I used a free live support chat in a tech support website and they actually solve my problems. It was a different brand than yours but I am sure you will find a solution there. Here is the page for Dell 3300MP Support Since you are out of warranty I think it is a good option :) Marcella

Message Edited by mluiry on 04-19-2007 09:19 AM

3 Posts

September 19th, 2007 00:00

You might try keeping the side vents clear if they are dirty/dusty looking. Mine started shutting down before I cleaned them with a shop vac and now it still runs after 518 hours. I would think those that just replace the bulbs without cleaning the vents are just prematurley burning the system out by overheating it.
No Events found!