Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

February 6th, 2017 14:00

4210X, factory reset, then web console had a password set

Hi. I reset my Dell 4210x projector after purchasing it on ebay. When I tried to access the web console, it has a password set, and I can't figure out what it is. I have been able to get into it before I reset it, but not now. Does anyone know what I should do?

• 

16.7K Posts

February 7th, 2017 09:00

nicholasfd,

You can try using either password or administrator or admin in the password field. If that does not work please contact Dell Support by phone at 1 (800) 999-3355

Security Settings\Select and press the Enter button to activate security settings. The security settings menu allows you to enable and set password protection. The following table lists the options provided by the Security Settings menu, and their functions.

Option Function
Password By default, Password Protect is disabled. You can enable this feature by selecting Enabled. When you enable Password Protect, a Password Protect screen is displayed requesting you to enter a password. The following are the steps to set a password:

Go to Others menu, press the Enter button, and then select Password to Enable the password setting.
Enabling the Password function will open a character screen. Key in a 4-digit number from the screen, and then press the Enter button.
To confirm, enter the password again.
If the password verification is successful, you may resume with accessing the projector's functions and its utilities.
If you have entered an incorrect password, you will be given another two chances. After the three invalid attempts, the projector will automatically turn off.
A NOTE indicates important information that helps you make better use of your computer. NOTE:
If you forget your password, contact http://dell.to/2lmy1ug This link opens a new browser window. a qualified service personnel.

To disable the password function, select Off to disable the function.
To delete the password, select Delete.

Change Password To change the password, key in the original password, enter the new password, and then confirm the new password again.

February 7th, 2017 11:00

It needs something with 4 digits. It can't take anything with more than that

• 

16.7K Posts

February 8th, 2017 04:00

nicholasfd,

You will need to contact phone support so that they can provide a reset password. 

No Events found!