Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2016 05:00

3300MP, Lamp Failure

I just thought I would share this: my 3300MP started a cycle on startup, where it would power up, reset, power up 5 times, then display a message 'Lamp Failure'. I was researching lamps but could not see any from respectable re-sellers

I then went looking on forums for suggestions, and came across someone who mentioned that you should clear dust and try again, and that the lamp may not be faulty. I did as suggested, and noticed when doing this that the cover for the lamp section was slightly loose, and that the screws had gone through the plastic (i'd never been near that so I don't know how this happened). I thought nothing of it until I read another post saying that the projector 'knows' that the cover is in place, as there is a metal connection that needs pressed in.

In desperation I taped the cover back firmly in place, and hey presto, the lamp has started working again. I removed the tape and the same Lamp Failure message occurred. I've now fixed the cover back in place with new washers and everything seems to be working perfect. That saved a lot of hassle getting a new bulb, which would not have solved the issue.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 15th, 2016 06:00

JamesIreland,

Thanks for sharing the information to the forum.

1 Message

October 29th, 2018 04:00

I was helped to replace the 0.47UF capacitor in the ignition unit.

No Events found!