Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

April 22nd, 2009 19:00

Very displeased. Former Dell customer for life loses faith.

Purchased a Dell 5100mp projector on Ebay from an apparently reliable seller with many positive ratings.  Put < 1000 hours on the projector before getting "Lamp Failure" LED on the unit.   Replaced the lamp, and it still doesn't work.  It needs to be serviced, people with this exact problem in the forums have found that it was a hardware issue.  Dell won't let me service the unit because there is a "problem" with the service code.  I've spoken to many reps at Dell and they won't begin to help. The person that sold me the unit, I cannot get in touch with to do a "transfer of ownership" so that I might get it fixed.  The last rep that I spoke to recommended that I call the police as a solution! Local shops won't touch it because they can't get parts. 

The bottom line is it's Dell hardware, they should at least have an option to let me look at getting it fixed.  I didn't do anything wrong here.  Dell's basically saying that it's my fault that I purchased one of their products second hand.  That's ludacris. I've spent upwards of 15k on dell products personally and through my former employer (on my reccomendation) in the past few years.   I'm really glad that they are this insensitive, inhuman and have no sympathy or solution for my situtation.  I will never reccomend another Dell product in all my days, to the contrary I will very publicly express my resentment.

I'm angry that I have a faulty Dell product that Dell won't allow anyone to fix.  I did nothing illegitimate in acquiring the projector and can prove it.  Dell is not interested in that, or in anyway trying to help me.

2.2K Posts

April 22nd, 2009 20:00

" I did nothing illegitimate in acquiring the projector and can prove it. "

In the thread that got deleted, I was not implying YOU did anything wrong on getting it, sorry if it came across that way.

The Ebay seller could have, or where he got it from, and Dell lhas no way of knowing if you do not have proof of ownership.

5 Posts

April 22nd, 2009 22:00

Actually they have verified what was supposed to have gone on with the projector, and have verifyied that the ownership belongs to whom I purchased the projector from.  If there were something criminal, I would hope that Dell would help take action to bring the offense to justice.  They'd probably wouldn't care though because it's not a part of protocol, just as they don't care in my situation.

It would be great if there were someone anywhere that could help me fix this projector.  Is that too much to ask?

2.2K Posts

April 22nd, 2009 23:00

Transfer the ownership to yourself, then all should be fine.

If you have problems, the ebay seller is the one you paid, try getting help from them regarding the ownership transfer....

5 Posts

April 24th, 2009 14:00

How does one go about transferring the ownership?  I cannot get in touch with the ebay seller.  I've been trying for 2 weeks.

5 Posts

July 29th, 2010 23:00

Well that didn't help in any way.  I still have the unit. Yet no ownership...Would love to get it fixed still.

No Events found!