Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 23rd, 2010 07:00

EMCTA & E20-322 help!!!

Hi all!!!

I am on track to complete my EMCTA specifically the "EMC Commercial Storage and Information Infrastructure" track.  I've passed the E20-001 and will be taking the E20-501 tomorrow.  The next and last one after the 501 is the E20-322.  I have the official "Technology Architect Solutions Design Curriculum V3" DVD from EMC that is the prep for the E20-322.  Module 1 covers Symmetrix and Symmetrix related products.  However the E20-322 exam overview (file attached) points out that the following subjects are ONLY covered on the Enterprise variant of the exam:

• Symmetrix: DMX4 with Enginuity 5773 (Enterprise variant of exam only)

• Symmetrix: V-MAX with Enginuity 5874 (Enterprise variant of exam only)

• Solutions Enabler v.6.5 (DMX) , v7.0 (V-MAX) (Enterprise variant of exam only)

• Symmetrix Management Console v6.1 (Enterprise variant of exam only)

• Symmetrix Optimizer V6.0 (Enterprise variant of exam only)

• Open Replicator 6.4 (Enterprise variant of exam only)

• EMC Ionix ControlCenter V6.1 (Enterprise variant of exam only)

• SAN Advisor (Enterprise variant of exam only)

• EMC Ionix Storage Configuration Advisor (SCA) (Enterprise variant of exam only)

• Rainfinity FVA 1.2 (Enterprise variant of exam only)

So my question is can I SAFELY ignore any of the topics listed above in preparation for the E20-322 Commercial exam?  Normally I would have absolutely no problem learning about the additional products however I am under a VERY tight deadline to pass the E20-322 and for my sanity if I can safely exclude these topics the better.

Thanks!!!!

1 Attachment

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 23rd, 2010 08:00

Hi Todd,

You can safely not study those parts of the E20-322 curriculum but you may see mention of some of those products in the text of some question scenarios.

You should also know that the E20-322 is a hard exam and we would not normally expect anyone to be successful attempting E20-001, E20-501, and E20-322 over a short time period.

Regards

Rod Holdaway

SI2 Curriculum Manager

EMC Education Services

452 Posts

March 24th, 2010 12:00

Hi Todd,

Looks like you've got some heavy-duty studying to do.  Please let us know how you do; achieving your certifications under these deadlines would be an incredible accomplishment!

Michelle

14 Posts

March 31st, 2010 16:00

Passed the E20-322 on Tuesday. I am now a EMCTA!!!

33 Posts

April 1st, 2010 03:00

Todd,

A big CONGRATULATIONS!!!  I know the EMCTA is a difficult credential to get.  What is your speciality/technology focus?  Also, remember we are doing an eSeminar on Cloud Computing, open only to EMC Proven Professionals - ;

Hope to see you often on this Community.

Liz

546 Posts

April 1st, 2010 11:00

Congrats Todd!!!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 21st, 2011 03:00

Hi Rod,

You mention here that the exam is very hard and it is very differcult to achieve the EMCTA in such a short period. I am impressed with Todd doing all 3 exams in the space of 2 months- well done.

I have done my ISM, as well as the Information and Storage management exams (5 months in total), I plan to write my E20-322 at the end of Feb- GULP.

Can you tell me if the E20-322 is similar with regards to differculty to the E20-500? I found the 500 very tough and am worried about the 322.

What is the normal time frame to achieve the EMCTA?

Thanks in advance-

Fred, TC in South Africa

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 24th, 2011 07:00

Hi Fred,

The normal expectation would be an elapsed 6-12 months to achieve EMCTA. However everyone is different (skills, capability) and every situation is different (business urgency, study time allowed alongside job role), resulting in some getting that cert sooner and some later than this. Probably the best way to judge how ready you are for the exam is to take the practice test and use the results to plan the rest of your studies.

Regards and good luck

Rod Holdaway

SI2 Curriculum Manager

EMC Education Services

May 14th, 2013 05:00

Hi Elizabeth,

I have cleared E10 001 and E20 322 both the exams and looking E20 500 or E20 018 exam soon.

I am not authourized to see the link you mentioned in this thread for Cloud Computing. Can you please suggest how i will be able to do so.

2 Intern

• 

633 Posts

May 14th, 2013 05:00

HI there! The link to the Cloud Computing seminar is in the Proven Professionals Only section of the Community, which means you need to have a Proven certification to access it. However, from your note, it sounds like you already have a certification. Please send an email to EMCProvenHelpDesk@emc.com and they should be able to help you out.

May 14th, 2013 06:00

Thanks Kate. I have done so.

Thanks you again.

No Events found!