Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

3 Posts

November 18th, 2022 05:00

DRM doesn't list XR2 as a supported System.

I want to create a bootable platform ISO to update firmware and the BIOS on a PowerEdge XR2 however DRM doesn't give me a XR2 platform as an option (XR11 and XR12 are listed). Any suggestions on what I should do?

• 

8.8K Posts

November 18th, 2022 10:00

GrecianFish,

The DRM found here is listing XR2 as supported. Would you try with this version and see if works for you?

Let me know how it goes.

November 19th, 2022 02:00

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I had tried that one - I tried again for to be sure. I know, on the page you sent me, it includes XR2 under Compatible Systems (XR11 and XR12 aren't listed) but I don't get the option in DRM (although I do get XR11 and XR12!)

So you know what I'm doing with DRM:

• I select Add Repository
  • Add an Name
  • With Manual Repository Type selected I select Custom and Choose System
  • I'd hoped to see XR2 listed, but it isn't. (XR11 and XR12 are)

I've tried other Enterprise Catalogues (by selecting Base Catalog and, from there, a catalogue from the list). The oldest available (21.10.01) didn't have XR2. It does look like the list of systems available (supported?) is dependent on the catalog.

I guess another approach would be to download all the BIOS and Firmware updates from the Support page and manually update the ones that need updating. This seems a bit long winded and seems like the job DRM, along with the LCC and iDRAC, is supposed to do for me.

November 23rd, 2022 01:00

To move things on a bit - I created a repository (using DRM) for my XR2 using the Repository Type of Integration and Integration Type of iDRAC and created a catalog XML file. The XML file does not mention XR2. However, it does have the following section:

PowerEdge

R440

Does this indicate that the XR2 is a ruggedised R440? Perhaps. more importantly for me, I can use the R440 Bootable ISO to update the XR2 BIOS and firmware?

• 

3.3K Posts

November 23rd, 2022 05:00

Hi,

yeah XR2 is based on the R440 so this should work.

Regards Martin

No Events found!