Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

17 Posts

July 14th, 2020 22:00

Dell R430 Server found in hang state

Dear All,

I have a Dell R430 server and the server was found on hang state two times. I could not access anything on the server when the server was found on hang state and it solved only after a physical reboot. I want to know the real root cause of the problem like what caused the server to enter on hang state so that in future also the issue does not persist? How can I identify the real cause of the issue???

• 

3.5K Posts

July 15th, 2020 04:00

Hi Abeen,

there are many way to troubleshoot an issue like that. We need at first to determine if the hang was caused by an hardware or software issue.

At first, please try to check in the OS logs. Any error appears?

You can also extract hardware log, here a complete article about how to do that.

https://dell.to/2Zw1s3m

You can contact me once you have logs and i will be more then happy to check if there are some issue in there.

Thanks

Marco

17 Posts

July 16th, 2020 02:00

Hi Marco,

The issue was moreover on the OS side rather than hardware. I have generated the support bundle log from the ESXi. I went through the logs as well but could not find any errors.

Please find the link for the log as "https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s1j2aTnzTqxy3lAsnhGknc4Aewhl-sC0/view".

I faced the issue on the server on 20th June around 11 pm and 28th June around 5 am.

• 

3.5K Posts

July 16th, 2020 03:00

Hello,

sorry but we cannot provide support on software. Do you have a warranty that can support software? In this case you have the right to contact our Support Software Team.

Anyway I'll check logs and let you know if I found something.
Thanks
Marco

17 Posts

July 17th, 2020 00:00

Yes, I guess we do have support on software as well 

***** is the service tag for the server. Anyways how can I find if my server has support on the software?

Thank you very much for your support Marco. I would be very glad if the root cause is found.

Thanks. Please reply if you find any.

• 

3.5K Posts

July 17th, 2020 01:00

Hello, I verified it with service tag, with this server there is no support for OS, unfortunately.

Anyway you can if you want contact phone support and see if they can support this kind of issue.

Thanks

Marco

17 Posts

July 20th, 2020 01:00

Thanks for the support, Marco. Have you found anything through the support bundle that I have provided?

• 

3.5K Posts

July 20th, 2020 01:00

Hello, i checked the log but i didn't see any particular issue that can cause a system hang.

Marco

17 Posts

July 20th, 2020 23:00

Thanks for the support Marco.

No Events found!