Unsolved

KL

30 Posts

November 13th, 2018 06:00

IDSDM module.firmware update on ESXI

Hello all, 

Thanks to help

I need to apply the update below

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=FF4WY&osCode=W12R2&productCode=poweredge-r730

Please help on how to apply the update on ESXI server

The installation instructions says *Firmware can only be updated through OS via DUP. Update will be unsuccessful if done through iDRAC or LC.*

• 

8.7K Posts

November 13th, 2018 09:00

1 Message

January 4th, 2019 08:00

I'll just comment that this reply to use SLI with a link to the BIN image doesn't really help, since SLI doesn't have SUU in it, or a helpful link within SLI to install it from the network.  (Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the SLI UI doesn't really point you in the right direction, and I was done with trying to piece together the various PDF manuals.)

What SLI 3.0 _does_ have is a script in ~root to install "DSU," which can fetch all applicable firmware for you, and it works fairly well.

This is how I finally got the IDSDM firmware installed, along with the Intel NIC and QLogic HBA firmware that is hit-or-miss from within iDRAC.

Now if SLI had a better UI for network configuration than Redhat's "made for a laptop" NetworkManager, that'd be fantastic.  I'm guessing most people with ESXi servers and iDSDM also have separate management VLANs, and NetworkManager has no way to configure this.

July 17th, 2019 04:00

You can also update IDSDM from iDRAC (Maintenance > System Update > From Local (use 32bit update exe).

This was for a 14G server with current iDRAC (3.34.34.34) to get to SD FW version 1.9 (was on 1.7)

November 14th, 2019 11:00

Can you please verify what OS you did this for?   The 32 bit .exe for Vmware ESXi?

"You can also update IDSDM from iDRAC (Maintenance > System Update > From Local (use 32bit update exe).
This was for a 14G server with current iDRAC (3.34.34.34) to get to SD FW version 1.9 (was on 1.7)"

No Events found!